Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

custom interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question custom interior

i'm looking into getting some custom interior done, and i kinda need some help/recomendations, what colors should i go with? What kind of, or if any what kind of embroidery on the headrest? any help to accent the car it self would be alot of help thanks guys.... oh ya there are pics of my car in my sig.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.exoticwooddash.com They will coat any plastic part you want with carbon fiber. It's expensive, but a classy way to 'fix' up the interior! www.mbaproducts.com also has high quality billet aluminum accents for the interior as well.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
www.exoticwooddash.com They will coat any plastic part you want with carbon fiber. It's expensive, but a classy way to 'fix' up the interior! www.mbaproducts.com also has high quality billet aluminum accents for the interior as well.
thanks for the info on the dash and the inserts, but what i was actually looking at getting done was stuff like the seats and doors... stuff like that. i think i know what i want done to the dash but i'm not too sure, i was thinking either a really dark wood grain dash or a blue c/f dash kit. Let me know what you think...
Old 02-02-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Since your car is already got a "throwback-retro" theme with the old school badges, and hockey stripes, why not run with it?

Get your seats recovered in Black Suede (or Dura Suede.. easier to clean and will last longer) with houndstooth looking inserts. Doesn't have to be exactly like the old school black and white housdstooth, but something that reminds you of it. Maybe like white and black "racing mesh". To tie in the doors, have the upper portion that is leather now covered in the same suede, as well as the carpet strip that finishes the bottom of the door. Might as well throw some suede in the headliner too. Hey, you want a show car right? That would kill at super chevy!
Old 02-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Check the sponsor sales/group purchase section. There is a GP going
on right now on leather interiors from leatherseats.com.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

T-
Whatever you do, don't do something boring like recover them to look stock.

Oh, and before I forget, DO NOT BRING YOUR CAR BACK UP TO STOCK RIDE HEIGHT! I heard you might do that, and that's a horrible idea. You'll end up hating yourself, and your car. If anything, do the Hotchkis 1" drop. (Few, I feel better now that I got that out)
Old 02-02-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JonSS
T-
Whatever you do, don't do something boring like recover them to look stock.

Oh, and before I forget, DO NOT BRING YOUR CAR BACK UP TO STOCK RIDE HEIGHT! I heard you might do that, and that's a horrible idea. You'll end up hating yourself, and your car. If anything, do the Hotchkis 1" drop. (Few, I feel better now that I got that out)
don't worry man i'm only going to bring it up to stock untill i get the hotchkis 1" kit , and hopefully the interior's not going to be boring and not going to look stock.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tdawg
thanks for the info on the dash and the inserts, but what i was actually looking at getting done was stuff like the seats and doors... stuff like that. i think i know what i want done to the dash but i'm not too sure, i was thinking either a really dark wood grain dash or a blue c/f dash kit. Let me know what you think...
Here is a pic of black CF and I consider a roll cage to be an interior mod, lol.

Also gauges and billet pedals...

Old 02-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Where did you get your CF interior done? That looks sweet.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

You can put on a CF kit yourself easily. Several websites have info on fiberglassing (that's what carbon fiber is). You can get a roll of carbon fiber fabric, and all necessary chemicals, for about $350.00. It will give you enough to do the entire interior, including the sail panels and a roll bar, if you have one. I did it to mine, and it looked great. I sold it to a friend of mine for his stock interior. I'm going to do kevlar next!

http://www.shopmaninc.com/carbonpage.html
Old 02-04-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mhulslan
You can put on a CF kit yourself easily. Several websites have info on fiberglassing (that's what carbon fiber is). You can get a roll of carbon fiber fabric, and all necessary chemicals, for about $350.00. It will give you enough to do the entire interior, including the sail panels and a roll bar, if you have one. I did it to mine, and it looked great. I sold it to a friend of mine for his stock interior. I'm going to do kevlar next!

Is it worth the effort th do it your self? What all is involved in wraping the peices?
Old 02-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mhulslan

Which style did you go with?
Old 02-05-2004, 12:08 AM
12 Second Truck Club

hey tdawg,
just wanted to let you know that i think your car looks great , i actually have one of your pics for the background on one of my computers. and i like jonSS's idea about the houndstooth, i think that would look great.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

01 Red WS6, it is definitely worth the effort. Mount the pieces with the fixative and sealant, and you're good to go! You don't need to make molds, as they are the pieces themselves. Stock up on fine grit sandpaper and seal it as many times as you like. The deeper the dsealant, the smoother the finish. Just remember to sand between coats.

BigBlackZ28, I'm going with the red/black kevlar/carbon composite this time.