Sponsored by: DashLynx

found a new us exotics superhawk hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Starting to get an uneasy feeling.....
Me too. I had no idea there were more that were dealing with this. I was hoping my terrible fitment was just luck of the draw. The sad thing is, he is still selling hoods on eBay with great feedback.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelRider
Me too. I had no idea there were more that were dealing with this. I was hoping my terrible fitment was just luck of the draw. The sad thing is, he is still selling hoods on eBay with great feedback.
I know of someone who has been waiting a year for their 1st hood. At least 10 have gone out since i sent $$, and they keep selling. He informed me of the fitment problem in March was figured out. I sent him an e-mail, but still need to text him. I hear of others getting updates, i usually wait 2-3 months at a time before i contact him because if i didn't, i don't think i would get an update. I have bigger things to worry about at the moment like getting my car running again, but i have been lurking in the shadows when these threads pop up.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
I know of someone who has been waiting a year for their 1st hood. At least 10 have gone out since i sent $$, and they keep selling. He informed me of the fitment problem in March was figured out. I sent him an e-mail, but still need to text him. I hear of others getting updates, i usually wait 2-3 months at a time before i contact him because if i didn't, i don't think i would get an update. I have bigger things to worry about at the moment like getting my car running again, but i have been lurking in the shadows when these threads pop up.
I think the next step to take is to try and get eBay to temporarily shut his store down until he fills the orders. Of course that stops income for them, so I doubt they will go along with it.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

I just got off the phone with eBay. They are opening an investigation on his account. They said that they will be looking at other complaints. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but I would please ask if you are fed up with this guy to contact eBay. If they have enough dirt on him, they will at least shut his store down.

Edit: I've found a more recent thread on Rogers issue's. It seems there are a couple more people without a hood. Of course some fanboys as well. I'm choosing not to clog another thread with my issues, but letting it be known in this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...er-lately.html

Last edited by RebelRider; 08-02-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-03-2015, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got off the phone with eBay. They are opening an investigation on his account. They said that they will be looking at other complaints. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but I would please ask if you are fed up with this guy to contact eBay. If they have enough dirt on him, they will at least shut his store down.

Edit: I've found a more recent thread on Rogers issue's. It seems there are a couple more people without a hood. Of course some fanboys as well. I'm choosing not to clog another thread with my issues, but letting it be known in this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...er-lately.html
I agree with you. No one should have to wait that long after giving up money for something without communication from the person/company.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorry that you're going through this. I did business with Roger a couple of years ago and it took quite a while to get the hood. Eventually I did. With the demand of his hoods it's a shame that he doesn't get his business setup properly. He's got the dies, and the skill to make amazing hoods. But he's spread too thin and customer service is non-existant unless you count -him eventually getting back to you, being polite and making excuses. Again - sorry.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TA_Freak
Sorry that you're going through this. I did business with Roger a couple of years ago and it took quite a while to get the hood. Eventually I did. With the demand of his hoods it's a shame that he doesn't get his business setup properly. He's got the dies, and the skill to make amazing hoods. But he's spread too thin and customer service is non-existant unless you count -him eventually getting back to you, being polite and making excuses. Again - sorry.
This business practice is all too common now days. You never tell your customer that you are having money troubles or your manufacturing process needs work. Either supply the product they paid for, or refund their money. Plain and simple.
I text him Friday and yesterday. No response......
Old 08-04-2015, 07:13 AM
Teching In

I bought my hood around this time last year....took about 6 weeks to arrive. although it took a day or two for him to answer my messages, he did respond. Its terrible that this is happening for you, I hope it gets worked out.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jiveass
I bought my hood around this time last year....took about 6 weeks to arrive. although it took a day or two for him to answer my messages, he did respond. Its terrible that this is happening for you, I hope it gets worked out.
I just want a refund. I already told him that once he does that, it will be the end of it. I still haven't got a response from him. I'm not the type to make E-threats, but will drag his reputation through the coals until I get my money back. I'm sure people are getting sick of my rambling, but I'm pretty pissed.

If people would quit putting up with these crappy businesses, a lot of these problems would stop. I'm sick of hearing "I'm willing to wait for quality". His quality has obviously went out of the window. Having 3/4"+ of gap around the front and a now in the middle you can stick your fingers under isn't quality if you ask me. I've seen better fitment out of his competitors cheap hoods.
His current eBay ads say "allow 2-4 weeks for your hood to arrive after purchase".
Old 08-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Teching In

I bought a hood from him last year. it took about 5 months until i actually recieved the hood. Roger was super nice everytime i talked to him. but it was always this resin isnt the usually brand i use or the hood didnt set up the way i wanted it too. he had quite a few excuses to throw around. my car just got painted last week and when i was talking to the body shop before doing the work. the guy was telling me that the hood wasnt as wide as the factory flat hood i had on the car. they had to bring the fenders inward to make it close the gap. also when they aligned everything in the front with the nostrils and bumper. it left like a 1/4 or so gap at the back of the hood where the rear of the fender curls in to meet the rear of the hood. i didnt feel like dealing with the hassel so i said paint it. that minor gap at the rear doesnt mean much to me. it still looks mean and nasty on the car.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ckimber28
I bought a hood from him last year. it took about 5 months until i actually recieved the hood. Roger was super nice everytime i talked to him. but it was always this resin isnt the usually brand i use or the hood didnt set up the way i wanted it too. he had quite a few excuses to throw around. my car just got painted last week and when i was talking to the body shop before doing the work. the guy was telling me that the hood wasnt as wide as the factory flat hood i had on the car. they had to bring the fenders inward to make it close the gap. also when they aligned everything in the front with the nostrils and bumper. it left like a 1/4 or so gap at the back of the hood where the rear of the fender curls in to meet the rear of the hood. i didnt feel like dealing with the hassel so i said paint it. that minor gap at the rear doesnt mean much to me. it still looks mean and nasty on the car.
Those were the same issues my hood was having. I tried pulling the fenders in with washers, but it wouldn't come close up front. The gap between the nose and hood was 3/4" pulled all the way forward. I even tried to adjust the nose without success. The back corners had huge gaps. The bow on the drivers side was so bad that you could stick your fingers all the way under it even with the hood stops ran all the way down. I gave up after several a hours and welded my lever back to my latch so I could put my stock hood back on. When I contacted Roger, he acted surprised of the issue.

Last edited by RebelRider; 08-04-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

If people would quit putting up with these crappy businesses, a lot of these problems would stop. I'm sick of hearing "I'm willing to wait for quality". His quality has obviously went out of the window. Having 3/4"+ of gap around the front and a now in the middle you can stick your fingers under isn't quality if you ask me. I've seen better fitment out of his competitors cheap hoods.
His current eBay ads say "allow 2-4 weeks for your hood to arrive after purchase".
I agree 100% ... .can a buyer even leave ebay negative feedback after a certain period of time passes? I seem to recall that I was not able to leave feedback because several months had passed. Point being ..... he needs negative feedback so that people will know in advance what they're dealing with; a roll of the dice.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TA_Freak
I agree 100% ... .can a buyer even leave ebay negative feedback after a certain period of time passes? I seem to recall that I was not able to leave feedback because several months had passed. Point being ..... he needs negative feedback so that people will know in advance what they're dealing with; a roll of the dice.
By the time I got my hood, the feedback had expired. Hopefully eBay turns the screws on him...
Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All these years i never heard that the hoods were too short or not wide enough. Never heard of problems or warped hoods until the last year. Maybe the hoods are being rushed through due to too many other projects? I never read anything about his viper hoods. I dont know what to say or think anymore from what i read. I hope it works out, there is no other aftermarket hood that i would even consider on my car. I have a local friend who has a ws9 hood from him that he got last year that the driver side is up 1" more than the other. I will wait and hope and see if i hear back from him.

The other thing that i read is that some people seem to get updates or quick responses. I have never got a response unless i initiated it and contact him for a week or 2 before he replied. I talked with him 2 times and then didnt contact him for 2-3 months at a time, then gave up completely until a few days ago. He replied within 24 hours everytime i talked with him through ebay.

Last edited by BlackDuk98; 08-04-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

shiity deal to hear all this. its a badass hood. its 2015, there is no reason someone cant reply within 24-48 hours now a days.

i had an issue when i had my corvette, bought a CF hood from quick z06 on CF. showed up fast, fit great, etc. it was the 1st batch of a new hood. several months go by(winter) nice weather comes out. go for some nice pulls. at over 100 it started to lift a bit, then ballooned up. thank god the latches held. anyhow, cracked the hood to hell. i emailed detailed pics of everything that happened. said the new batches were stronger and thicker. i had a tracking number in about 4 days for a replacement hood.

learned over the years, its not always the cheapest price or fastest shipping, but how your taken care of when you have a problem. absolutely zero excuse for something to take 2 years to resolve.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:49 AM
On The Tree

I'm hoping I receive a response from Propay. Everyone seems to hate paypal, but I probably would have better luck with them.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Teching In

yea its wierd that he had such a high reputation with how great quality his hoods were. and now there is so many people with these issues. i hope things work out for future buyers and ones still waiting on there orders. sucha respected person. dont want to see him lose that over all these dumb issues. even with all the fitment issues. the hood still looks awesome. lots of tweaking and fitting. but in the end it looks great.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

yea its wierd that he had such a high reputation with how great quality his hoods were. and now there is so many people with these issues. i hope things work out for future buyers and ones still waiting on there orders. sucha respected person. dont want to see him lose that over all these dumb issues. even with all the fitment issues. the hood still looks awesome. lots of tweaking and fitting. but in the end it looks great.
His ads are still up on eBay, but he will not respond to my text, or even my emails through eBay. To me, that's confirming he will not be refunding my money. I may try an contact my CC company to see what they say.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Teching In

i would contact that propay or whatever it is and see if they can do anything.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

i would contact that propay or whatever it is and see if they can do anything.
I've tried contacting them, with no success. They seem to be more seller friendly. I'm going to give eBay a follow call to see how the "internal investigation" is going.

Quick Reply: found a new us exotics superhawk hood