Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

found a new us exotics superhawk hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelRider
I've tried contacting them, with no success. They seem to be more seller friendly. I'm going to give eBay a follow call to see how the "internal investigation" is going.
I was going to buy a hood from him a few months ago but I had surgery and put it off. If I were you id contact your CC company now and stop waiting for something thats not going to happen
Old 08-08-2015, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Your CC company will reimburse you immediately and go after him themselves but I believe you have 30 days or so to contact them about it.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Your CC company will reimburse you immediately and go after him themselves but I believe you have 30 days or so to contact them about it.
Yea, I might be a few past 30 days.

I've been hounding him through the eBay e-mail. He finally responded with the same old song about his light bill being due. What a peice of trash......
I told him that people don't care about his bills due, they just want their damn product. Buyer beware of this idiot. Don't let his smooth talking and friendly attitude fool you.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've owned my small business for over 30 years ... Whenever I here someone speaking like this, " can't pay my bills" I have a hang nail, my *** hurts".
It means one thing. He is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.
More than likely he had a great product & opportunity in front of him .... Probably ( unknowingly) wasn't charging enough for what he was delivering & time spent in production along with costs. It happens everyday. Good people get behind & don't know when to call it quits. They start using the money from the next job to pay for the present job. Someone gets product & the next guy is delayed.
It's like a pyramid at this point. The last guy in in gets screwed.
You guys are chasing good money after bad.

Get eBay &. CC company to push. Cut your loss. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NitrOmm hit the nail on the head. I noticed this more and more months after I ordered mine. I own a small business aswell and I even mentioned to him back when he used to reply that he is selling his hoods too cheap. Plus when they get damaged in shipping and he has to replace them.

I was told that some times the shipping company wont pay for their damages so it comes from his pocket like when 5 got damaged at once.

I also mentioned that he needed to stop selling them until he can catch up with all the orders.

I sent him a message a few weeks ago with no reply, but I told him that if he was hurting for money, I didn't need my hood made from Carbon fiber, save that extra expense if it helped at all and just build mine out of fiberglass. I will try sending him a message next week...

Of course I am the moron who sent him a Postal money order to save $50, and left my phone in the rain one day which wiped out all of my saved messages pertaining to sending the money, how much and for which product. I really have nothing to get my $$ but a money order receipt that I didn't write his address on. Talk about being a dumbass.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
NitrOmm hit the nail on the head. I noticed this more and more months after I ordered mine. I own a small business aswell and I even mentioned to him back when he used to reply that he is selling his hoods too cheap. Plus when they get damaged in shipping and he has to replace them.

I was told that some times the shipping company wont pay for their damages so it comes from his pocket like when 5 got damaged at once.

I also mentioned that he needed to stop selling them until he can catch up with all the orders.

I sent him a message a few weeks ago with no reply, but I told him that if he was hurting for money, I didn't need my hood made from Carbon fiber, save that extra expense if it helped at all and just build mine out of fiberglass. I will try sending him a message next week...

Of course I am the moron who sent him a Postal money order to save $50, and left my phone in the rain one day which wiped out all of my saved messages pertaining to sending the money, how much and for which product. I really have nothing to get my $$ but a money order receipt that I didn't write his address on. Talk about being a dumbass.
I have no sympathy for the guy. He's been selling these hoods long enough to adjust his pricing to still make a profit. He just needs cut the bs and get people their hoods and refund my money. I don't want another hood at this point.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The funny thing is a buddy of mine ordered the Outlaw hood from Roger maybe 2 to 3 weeks ago and he got it on Friday. I asked if he went through Roger's eBay store, but he said he just called him up directly and ordered it. Again, he received it within weeks.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
The funny thing is a buddy of mine ordered the Outlaw hood from Roger maybe 2 to 3 weeks ago and he got it on Friday. I asked if he went through Roger's eBay store, but he said he just called him up directly and ordered it. Again, he received it within weeks.
I'm glad he got his hood, but this pisses me off.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm glad he got his hood, but this pisses me off.
I didn't post that to make you mad. I just figured it's worthwhile information. He's still alive, he's still taking orders, and he's always got back to my buddy anytime he called or sent him a text. Maybe it has something to do with the type of hood. His is the Outlaw hood where yours is the Superhawk hood. Who knows. I hope it all works out for you though.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

I didn't post that to make you mad. I just figured it's worthwhile information. He's still alive, he's still taking orders, and he's always got back to my buddy anytime he called or sent him a text. Maybe it has something to do with the type of hood. His is the Outlaw hood where yours is the Superhawk hood. Who knows. I hope it all works out for you though.
Oh, don't take that the wrong way. I'm just angry that he picks and chooses who's orders to fill. I appreciate you informing us that it is happening.
I at one point was going to take an outlaw hood and he still dragged his feet.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I really want to get the Superhawk hood too, but I'm very leery to move forward.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, last time i got an answer from him, which was a few weeks ago, he asked if i would be interested in switching to the outlaw.

At this point im still basically counting it as a loss, but who knows, maybe itll work out.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

I exchanged an email with him over the weekend. I confronted him on how many people he was screwing over on this deal, but didn't get a response back. The good attitude is apparently a front.
As said before, I'm glad everyone is getting their first or replacement hood but what about the people that have been waiting for 1-2 yrs.? How. Does he determine who gets their product?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah that doesn't make sense about choosing who to respond to and who gets a product when. In my business, I take care of people in order of when they sign the contract. Talking with some people a lot, then ignore others even when they are not pushy, and understanding about delays. Makes no sense. I will try to call him tomorrow to see if I get a response. I never tried that because I figured if he didn't reply to texts or emails, why would he answer a phone?

I haven't been waiting as long as some, I am only starting month 9
Old 08-10-2015, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Yeah that doesn't make sense about choosing who to respond to and who gets a product when. In my business, I take care of people in order of when they sign the contract. Talking with some people a lot, then ignore others even when they are not pushy, and understanding about delays. Makes no sense. I will try to call him tomorrow to see if I get a response. I never tried that because I figured if he didn't reply to texts or emails, why would he answer a phone?

I haven't been waiting as long as some, I am only starting month 9
9 months is still a long time. I bet money he won't answer. Most of my responses come in the middle of the night.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

I forgot that he is a late night responder.

I just called him and of course he didn't pick up. All I get is a message from his phone provider saying that the voicemail box is not setup, then it says "goodbye" and hangs up on you.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:54 AM
Teching In

I've been waiting a few months for my Superhawk hood and I'm still holding out hope I'll get it this summer. I was hoping to have it painted before a car show in September but I'm not holding my breath on that happening. I'm a little worried I'll receive the hood during the winter after the car is in storage and won't be able to check fitment right away.

While the Superhawk is far and away my first choice, if I could get a quality fitting Outlaw hood quicker, I might be tempted to switch. Especially after reading how long some have been waiting for their Superhawk hood!
Old 08-13-2015, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by panther
I've been waiting a few months for my Superhawk hood and I'm still holding out hope I'll get it this summer. I was hoping to have it painted before a car show in September but I'm not holding my breath on that happening. I'm a little worried I'll receive the hood during the winter after the car is in storage and won't be able to check fitment right away.

While the Superhawk is far and away my first choice, if I could get a quality fitting Outlaw hood quicker, I might be tempted to switch. Especially after reading how long some have been waiting for their Superhawk hood!
I would usually say not to settle for something you don't want, but you may need to take what you can get.

I emailed him yesterday about my refund, and he replied saying I'd have a tracking number for the check this morning..........take a wild guess if I received it or not.........
Old 08-13-2015, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

I would usually say not to settle for something you don't want, but you may need to take what you can get.

I emailed him yesterday about my refund, and he replied saying I'd have a tracking number for the check this morning..........take a wild guess if I received it or not.........
I just got a verification picture and tracking number for my refund. I'm glad for this to hopefully be coming to an end. I will update Monday when the MO arrives.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Im glad for ya. You have waited entirely tooooo long for this day,,, and I hope you find yourself a hood from a reputable source**

Quick Reply: found a new us exotics superhawk hood