Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

found a new us exotics superhawk hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelRider
I just got a verification picture and tracking number for my refund. I'm glad for this to hopefully be coming to an end. I will update Monday when the MO arrives.
That's quite amazing! Well finally... I heard from him on Tuesday saying he was going to ship my hood the next day.... Still I have not heard anything.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
That's quite amazing! Well finally... I heard from him on Tuesday saying he was going to ship my hood the next day.... Still I have not heard anything.
Fwiw, he did say he was out shipping freight when he got the money order. Hopefully it was yours.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RebelRider
Fwiw, he did say he was out shipping freight when he got the money order. Hopefully it was yours.
I was hoping... I did get a response from him saying he messed up my shipments but my hood should be shipped out next Wednesday or Thursday at the latest....
Old 08-15-2015, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^I dunno why I got my replacement so fast......lucky I guess.

Stay on him.....Ive gotten that same excuses too
Old 08-17-2015, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Refund received. Good luck to the rest of you. Im curious on how everyone else's situations turn out, so I'm going to keep up with the thread(s).
Old 09-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by panther
I've been waiting a few months for my Superhawk hood and I'm still holding out hope I'll get it this summer. I was hoping to have it painted before a car show in September but I'm not holding my breath on that happening. I'm a little worried I'll receive the hood during the winter after the car is in storage and won't be able to check fitment right away.

While the Superhawk is far and away my first choice, if I could get a quality fitting Outlaw hood quicker, I might be tempted to switch. Especially after reading how long some have been waiting for their Superhawk hood!
Update - I picked my hood up from the local terminal Friday and installed it over the weekend. For those waiting for your hoods, keep waiting, it was worth the wait IMO! I couldn't be happier with the quality of the hood and the new look of the car.
Attached Thumbnails found a new us exotics superhawk hood-img_4042_rs.jpg   found a new us exotics superhawk hood-img_4043_rs.jpg  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Update - I picked my hood up from the local terminal Friday and installed it over the weekend. For those waiting for your hoods, keep waiting, it was worth the wait IMO! I couldn't be happier with the quality of the hood and the new look of the car.
Awesome! how's the fitment? it looks pretty good from the pictures you provided.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Teching In

The fitment is pretty good to near perfect but not 100% perfect. I spent time working on where the hood meets the fascia on the driver's side between the opening and headlight cover. That material is "shifted" inboard towards the opening 1/8" or so but everything else lines up perfectly.

I also didn't cut the safety latch but rather bent it down and to the side.I didn't want to have to fish my fingers in there to find the hook so I put it in a vise and "tweaked" it a bit. Now I still have a handle to release the safety latch. Someone might find that helpful to know.

It's scheduled for paint next Monday after I drive it a bit to fully cure the resin.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The fitment is pretty good to near perfect but not 100% perfect. I spent time working on where the hood meets the fascia on the driver's side between the opening and headlight cover. That material is "shifted" inboard towards the opening 1/8" or so but everything else lines up perfectly.

I also didn't cut the safety latch but rather bent it down and to the side.I didn't want to have to fish my fingers in there to find the hook so I put it in a vise and "tweaked" it a bit. Now I still have a handle to release the safety latch. Someone might find that helpful to know.

It's scheduled for paint next Monday after I drive it a bit to fully cure the resin.
That's great! sounds like the fitment is a bit better than my replacement hood but I'm still pretty happy, I need to dremel the mounting holes on the drivers side a tad to pull the drivers side back like maybe 1-2mm back. But I'm still happy with it! Make sure to post some pictures of it once its painted!
Old 09-16-2015, 12:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

glad you guys had luck with him. we were emailing back in forth and I mentioned this thread to him and haven't heard from him since. I was ready to order with him even with all the negative talk recently. I only asked about an honest up front time frame and told him I didn't mind waiting. kinda bummed about it, I really wanted one of his ws9 outlaw hoods.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
glad you guys had luck with him. we were emailing back in forth and I mentioned this thread to him and haven't heard from him since. I was ready to order with him even with all the negative talk recently. I only asked about an honest up front time frame and told him I didn't mind waiting. kinda bummed about it, I really wanted one of his ws9 outlaw hoods.
Consider it a blessing in disguise. Don't take this the wrong way but why would you even consider sending this guy your money after all of the fitment issues and long lead times with no communication?
Old 09-16-2015, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Don't **** him off, i am still waiting for my hood.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Teching In

I ordered a Superhawk from him about a month or so ago now. Was very quick to respond to questions the first couple days.. haven't heard anything since after I've sent a few texts looking for an update, as well as a message on ebay wondering when he expects it, etc. We'll see, I believe he will come through, I just don't know if I can wait as long as some have waited...
Old 09-18-2015, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteLightningGTP
I ordered a Superhawk from him about a month or so ago now. Was very quick to respond to questions the first couple days.. haven't heard anything since after I've sent a few texts looking for an update, as well as a message on ebay wondering when he expects it, etc. We'll see, I believe he will come through, I just don't know if I can wait as long as some have waited...
That's how communication went for me too. I exercised patience the best I could and waited WEEKS before contacting him knowing he's a 1 man operation. I heard the stories about the batch of hoods with the fitment issues but as far as my hood goes I'm more than happy with the quality! Just be patient and know you'll wait WAY longer than the 2-4 weeks it says in the eBay listing. One suggestion to Roger would be to change that to a more realistic figure. I believe more people would be cool with waiting if they were given an accurate(ish) estimate on delivery time table.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Teching In

"I apologize for the wait, I have been rebuilding many panels because I keep receiving bad gel coat from my distributor, all from the very same batch and all causing blisters in the surface of the parts. I should be able to have your hood assembled and ready to pack up within the next 2 days here. Sorry again for this."

Got this today from him, after sending yet another message last Friday. We'll see, I'm being optimistic about it, although I don't expect it to happen..
Old 07-18-2016, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Did anyone ever get their issues resolved? I see Roger isn't selling on eBay anymore. I still have my hood in my attic. I just can't make myself throw it away........
Old 07-18-2016, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Hahaha, no.

I got an email along with another member that I have been talking with over the past year from Roger on May 27.

He acknowledged that he owed at least a dozen people either hoods or their money back. We just had to email him and tell him if we wanted a hood or money. Said that he had access to a computer and that he would email everyone in the next week. Big surprise, no email for almost 2 months now.

We got this email a few weeks after I realized that I had his friend's email and asked his friend about Roger. I was told that he saw him the previous weekend and heard no mention of any problems. I told him of my deadline before I took legal action against Roger which I think got back to him and is why we got emails. Just a theory

Like I told him, I'm not convinced of what he told me, nobody will ever know. December 15 will be 2 years for me, and 2.5 years for another. Not sure of the others out there.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I know this is a old thread but looked through it and wondered whatever happened.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

This is crazy. Cool dude when I picked up my hood in person in PA. His dog had passed too, crazy.

Old 05-20-2023, 08:58 PM

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Roger anymore?

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Roger is a great guy. He helped me out tremendously when I lost my hood recently. I had already booked a trip, so I needed a hood ASAP, and he started working on it 5am on a Saturday morning, and worked through the night and I picked it up from him on Sunday afternoon.

He really is a standup guy.

Quick Reply: found a new us exotics superhawk hood