Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

98-02 Camaro headlamp with extra bulb in middle. Where to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98-02 Camaro headlamp with extra bulb in middle. Where to get?

See attached image.
Attached Thumbnails 98-02 Camaro headlamp with extra bulb in middle.  Where to get?-camarolight.jpg  
Old 02-10-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are called "Halo's" Here's a link for some on eBay. There's a ton of them on there.

Camaro Halo Headlights
Old 02-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Yeah, just do a search on here for "halo" headlights. The "extra bulb in the middle" is a light up ring that partially blocks the beam pattern of the low beam light. If you look at closeup pictures, you'll see what I mean. It looks like a "3 bucket" design with 3 bulbs, but it is still a "2 bucket" design with one high beam and one low beam light.

--VIP1
Old 02-11-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

I bought mine from those on ebay you linked. Pretty good buyers, however it took to long to ship and when I got them the passenger side black rubber was coming off from around the housing, had to glue back on. But all in all, I love them! They add just a little something more to the car.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Jeez! Just what I need, something to make it HARDER to see the road at night AND to draw attention to me (arrest me, officer!, me, me, me too!)

OK - nuff sarcasm, just thought it was EXTRA road illumination... Out here in the Styx, one can never have enough light... I have the fogs set to come on with the high beams and have them aimed up so they match the low beam spread (you can be sure I don't drive with my fogs on in traffic!) and have some of those 'ricerboi' bright hi beam bulbs - yea, they really do produce more light, and a bit whiter, too...

Thanks for the replies!