Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bought A Black Billit Grill. **Pics**

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought A Black Billit Grill. **Pics**

Call me crazy bought found this barely used grill for $60 and drove from Chicago to Green Bay, Wisconsin late last night in blizzard conditions (8 hour round trip) to pick up this grill. Got home at almost 3 am this morning but did manage to get up early enough before work to install the grill...

I dont know if I want to run the bowtie or not, looks pretty good as is. Although Im trying to decide what to do about the turn signals...stock, clear, or blacked out. Stock is well...stock, clear would give it a nice clean appearance, and the blacked out would pretty much make the light "disappear" but I dont want to black out any other lights to match so I may just run clear...Just thinking outloud...Any thoughts?
Old 01-29-2011, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good as is. Buy I put a TBSS SS emblem in the front. The problem is they are STRAIGHT and the front of the grill is pitched into a "V" shape. I "Cracked" the SS emblem so each ss was seperated but held together by the 3M tape. It worked FLAWLESSLY. I ran it for a few months but someone backed into my nose and TAPPED the ss and it fell off. I need STRONGER 3M tape. And it will work.

Looks awesome as well. Also, EMBLEMPRO has some REALLY NICE SS emblems that would look SIIIIIICK on there as well.

But leaving it PLAIN is nice too. So its a toss-up.

Sorry to be so indecisive lol
Old 01-29-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good man! Been looking for one for mine
Old 01-29-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

3 a.m! Ouch! But anyway, looks great man! Forgot to mention that if the powdercoat ever starts to chip, you can mail it back to me and I can get it re-powdered by the same guy for cheap. I have a buddy that does it on the side for fun so he doesn't charge me that much..

Last edited by PACKERSz28Camaro; 01-29-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Get an old first gen z/28 badge and make it offset in the lower right (drivers) side of the grill. I think that would set it off real good.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good. I was thinking of getting the same exact grille for my Camaro.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 94 Camaro Z28
Get an old first gen z/28 badge and make it offset in the lower right (drivers) side of the grill. I think that would set it off real good.

^^^^That's what i would do.

And I would go with clear corners to match the clear headlights. It would offer a little contrast rather than going all black.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Grille looks good but all that driving for a grille that sales on eBay for $40.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
Looks awesome as well. Also, EMBLEMPRO has some REALLY NICE SS emblems that would look SIIIIIICK on there as well.

But leaving it PLAIN is nice too. So its a toss-up.

Sorry to be so indecisive lol
I am gonna hit EmblemPro up for the rear tail light panel CAMARO inserts. Think those will look nice. Dont really want to clone my camaro and plus its a LT1 car so everyone would know its fake anyways.

Originally Posted by PACKERSz28Camaro
3 a.m! Ouch! But anyway, looks great man! Forgot to mention that if the powdercoat ever starts to chip, you can mail it back to me and I can get it re-powdered by the same guy for cheap. I have a buddy that does it on the side for fun so he doesn't charge me that much..
Thanks! Those roads were brutal, was going 20 mph on interstate 43 from Milwaukee all the way there and all the way back until I hit Milwaukee which the plows had hit the roads but then I had to deal with freezing rain which made the roads a sheet of ice and my window kept freezing up! Oh well, I got home with no major issues other than lack of sleep and my Camaro looks better so oh well. lol Next time, Im mailing you for sure! lol

Originally Posted by 94 Camaro Z28
Had a set awhile ago when I had the LT1 front end on the car. Was a little too much IMO, kinda like the less is more approach.

Originally Posted by Buffalo
Looks good. I was thinking of getting the same exact grille for my Camaro.
I was torn between this grill and the SLP bowtie, but couldnt justify spending 250 dollars for a piece of plastic. Plus I think these look better.

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
^^^^That's what i would do.

And I would go with clear corners to match the clear headlights. It would offer a little contrast rather than going all black.
I thought about it and clear corners will be going in, now to find a set...anyone want to trade for stockers? lol

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Grille looks good but all that driving for a grille that sales on eBay for $40.
True, it was an impluse buy and I was bored so I figured what the hell, didnt realize that snow was coming until I was an hour into the trip. Id rather buy something now than wait a week or so for it to be delivered. Guess Im impatient lol
Old 01-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
I was torn between this grill and the SLP bowtie, but couldnt justify spending 250 dollars for a piece of plastic. Plus I think these look better.
I'm in the same boat and I think that I'll be buying this grille instead.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought the ebay one for like 30 bucks and just spray painted it black myself, it's been this way since may and has yet to get 1 chip in it. Looks great black IMO.

OP, Yours came out great as well, really flows with a black car really well.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Addict

holy sh*t 8 hours for a grill but it is well worth it. car looks nice
Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Looks good. If you do want to go the blacked out route I've got side markers and tails that are VHT'd if you would want to trade, oh and I'm just west of Chicago.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Socket
Looks good. If you do want to go the blacked out route I've got side markers and tails that are VHT'd if you would want to trade, oh and I'm just west of Chicago.
Do you have pics? Is the Vht done right (not hazy, or dull) Not sure about the tail lights but maybe for the front corners? Im free today if you want to drive over and we can swap them. Im in McHenry, (a mile from the rt 31/rt 120 intersection) Give me a call at 815-219-3353.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Teching In

I like blacked out corners personally. I have the overlays that go on like blackouts and havent had any problems but clears look good too
Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow_5.0
I like blacked out corners personally. I have the overlays that go on like blackouts and havent had any problems but clears look good too
Now do you have blackouts all the way around or just the corners? I also have a set of clear rear markers I took in on trade awhile ago, but didnt know if that would be too much with the fronts. IDK, i guess I over think stuff like that.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
Do you have pics? Is the Vht done right (not hazy, or dull) Not sure about the tail lights but maybe for the front corners? Im free today if you want to drive over and we can swap them. Im in McHenry, (a mile from the rt 31/rt 120 intersection) Give me a call at 815-219-3353.
Couldn't do anything today. I'll get some pics and send them to you and we can go from there. I would kind of like to do everything as everything is done on the car now.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Socket
Couldn't do anything today. I'll get some pics and send them to you and we can go from there. I would kind of like to do everything as everything is done on the car now.
Alright, lmk
Old 01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Looks good.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

The more I look at it, the more I like it. I don't like the stock grille (especially compared to the LT1), I don't like the non-grille look and like someone mentioned above, the SLP grille is a little too steep. I also painted (or tried to paint) my stock grille gloss black but it didn't come out the way I prefer (long story). For the price, this looks like a good option.

Quick Reply: Bought A Black Billit Grill. **Pics**