Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

foglight mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default foglight mod

Is there a wiring harness for the fog lights to be on when the headlights are off. I really don't care to start cutting the exsisting wires if I don't have to.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: foglight mod

If you take out your radio, you will see a liitle black box mounted to the firewall. That is your DRL's which control when the lights go on and off. You take that off the firewall by sliding it up and it will come right off. Slide the cover off and flip it over.....You will see wires sodered in, leave those alone. Then you will see two pieces of soder right next to eachother, they have no wires sodered to them, This is what you do. Take some soder, and soder those two connections together! be careful not to soder anything else. Once you have the two eempty terminals sodered it will automatically disable your Daytime driving lights. You will now be able to have your fog lights on without the headlights.

Make sure that you slide that box back on the module. Just mount the box back on the fire wall.
If you need extra help or have other questions just E-mail me at PLYBOY1917@aol.com
Old 02-23-2003, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: foglight mod

The !DRL mod instructions:

http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html

<small>[ February 23, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: unit213 ]</small>