Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Window Tinting

Old 04-07-2011, 02:55 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Window Tinting

The windows are tinted in my camaro and its pretty good except for one area on the upper hatch glass. up where all the little dots are at the top of the rear glass the tint seems to not be attached there as well. You can't see it from the inside but the outside is very visible. Is there anyway i can get it to stick back to the glass better with out putting new tint in?

I tried heating it up briefly with a heat gun, but didn't want to get it too hot. It didn't really work anyway.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm fairly certain, by what you are describing, those aren't air bubbles. It is part of your window itself and all our cars have it.

Again I could be completely off from what you are experiencing, but if you snap a pic we can tell you for sure
Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The tint will not stick to the dots. You can sand them off, stop the tint just below them or put a piece of black vinyl across the dots. Those are a few things I have heard.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the tint is old the only option you have at this point is a vinyl strip. When I had mine done, it wanted to raise up on the dot matrix as well, so I went out twice a day for about 3 days right after it was tinted. Used my license and laid it all back down and smoothed out the pockets from where it wasn't adhering.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes essentially only part of the tint is not sticking in that "dot matrix" area. I would take pics but the car isn't with me right now. But the driver side is not sticking and the passengers side looks normal and stuck down. Is there any window tint that is better at sticking? Or any solutions to make it look better?

Anyone have pics of this vinyl you have installed in this area with window tinting?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Just put a piece of black vinyl accross the dot matrix thats what i did it pretty much impossible to make it look right unless you got alot of time to work at it

Search this Thread