Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What side graphics are these?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What side graphics are these?

Found this on here. JohnZss.

Anyone have a pic of these side graphics on a red car? I think i would do these in black. SS Graphics? I', kind of a purist in the way that I wouldn't do 35th graphics on on a non 35th car.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.3rdgendecals.com/SideFlags.htm
Old 04-09-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

You'll have to PM the guy who makes them, to do a SS graphic on them. There only made with Camaro cutout or plain stripe like on JohnZss's car.

I used to have them on my car, got tired of the look. I may end up putting them back on and going with a Sunoco hood myself. I do have an LE but im growing tired of the same ol' SS hood look.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh wow.. Those are third gen graphics... Are they? They're ringing a bell for some reason now.

Anyone got a pic of black ones on a red car?

After seeing the white on red I'm starting to second guess it. The black on John's Pewter car looks awesome.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Oh wow.. Those are third gen graphics... Are they? They're ringing a bell for some reason now.

After seeing the white on red I'm starting to second guess it. The black on John's Pewter car looks awesome.
I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? First off, 3rd gen graphics? No? Intended for and designed after the 35th LE, a 4th gen, yes.

And second, what white on a red car? All those are silver, with the LT1 car being silver reflective...
Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Veteran

^ Easy there, hoss.. I was just asking. They looked familiar, but I was just trying to place it. I know the 35th stripes on the hood, but the sides were hard to place.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Easy there, hoss.. I was just asking. They looked familiar, but I was just trying to place it. I know the 35th stripes on the hood, but the sides were hard to place.
guy must have been sitting on a tack or something...

Anyways, ya i dunno about these guys. Love how they look on Johns car, but im still on the fence about them. Was planning on doing a dark charcoal color on my black car for an almost "ghost" like effect.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

The color on that 35th in the link, is silver not white. For some reason they come off as white in certain lighting. My stock 35th LE stripes do the same, as did the sideflags when i had them on. So its just a lighting effect that's happening.

I think black would probably look pretty good on red. Aslong as there's more black on the car, like berger panel & whistler headlights.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran

^ Silver, eh? Not a bad idea, just would have to see it a little better. Not diggin the reflective ones.. yek...

The 35th stripes look AMAZING though! But I'd be paranoid about getting jumped for putting LE stripes on a non-LE car. And Not sure how it would go with my Manta paint job either. Would end up coming off eventually when I get a cowl hood.

It's just nice to admire a nice 35th LE car! TA or SS. The yellow TA's are AMAZING!

Originally Posted by Jay-P
guy must have been sitting on a tack or something...

Anyways, ya i dunno about these guys. Love how they look on Johns car, but im still on the fence about them. Was planning on doing a dark charcoal color on my black car for an almost "ghost" like effect.
Yeah, same here.. Still on the fence, the more I see em.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll quote Yo Gabba Gabba, "Try it, you'll like it!"

I think the black would look awesome on a red car.

And yes, obviously, I DO have kids! haha
Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

^ Silver, eh? Not a bad idea, just would have to see it a little better. Not diggin the reflective ones.. yek...

The 35th stripes look AMAZING though! But I'd be paranoid about getting jumped for putting LE stripes on a non-LE car. And Not sure how it would go with my Manta paint job either. Would end up coming off eventually when I get a cowl hood.

It's just nice to admire a nice 35th LE car! TA or SS. The yellow TA's are AMAZING!

Yeah, same here.. Still on the fence, the more I see em.
Check out this guys Camaro with both the Manta & 35th LE stripes in black. I honestly think it looks pretty good.

http://www.3rdgendecals.com/CustomerPages/DeanB.htm

There's plenty of cars out there that are not LE's with LE stripes. I see no problem with it, unless your trying to pass it off as an LE.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Check out this guys Camaro with both the Manta & 35th LE stripes in black. I honestly think it looks pretty good.

http://www.3rdgendecals.com/CustomerPages/DeanB.htm

There's plenty of cars out there that are not LE's with LE stripes. I see no problem with it, unless your trying to pass it off as an LE.
Good luck getting a hold of Jay at 3rd Gen. Not sure what the issue is but after 3 voice mails and 3 emails (one thru his website) looking for info on a manta, I wonder if he's still around .
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Try FourthCircleDesigns. Go under "Camaro Stripe Sets", then "Camaro SS Stripes" and he offers them in Solid or Checkered versions. However im not sure if the "checkered" versions have the shadowing/shading effect in them.

Quick Reply: What side graphics are these?