Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Switchback problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Switchback problems

I just purchased the 48 LED SMT switchbacks for my car from autolumination and cannot get them to work correctly. When the lights are completely off, nothing is on and then flashes amber, which is normal. When the parking lights or the headlights are on, both the white and amber are on and then the amber flashes while the white remains on. I switched out the sockets on the turn signals because my other ones were corroded and didn't work correctly before I installed these, could this be my problem? I am just extremely frustrated since I spent $60 on these bulbs

Thanks in advance,
Shawn
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Did you swap out the flashers to EL12's?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AwsmGy
Did you swap out the flashers to EL12's?
Yes, forgot to mention that. I replaced both flashers with the EL12's. all exterior lights are LEDs besides the side markers as of now as well.

I'm thinking maybe I got the wrong sockets when I replaced them. Carquest 57-4868 sockets. About to just go cut the factory sockets off of a junkyard T/A since you can't get the factory ones without buying the whole harness.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to my world....I did the same thing, got the bulbs from autolumination, got new sockets, housings, and flashers. they would not light up, I contacted autolumination, they said there was no way that both bulbs were bad, so I said f it, gOt regular amber leds from superbrightleds, and now have amber drls again, but they won't melt the housings, but i will never do any sort of business with autolumination again.......EVER!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
welcome to my world....I did the same thing, got the bulbs from autolumination, got new sockets, housings, and flashers. they would not light up, I contacted autolumination, they said there was no way that both bulbs were bad, so I said f it, gOt regular amber leds from superbrightleds, and now have amber drls again, but they won't melt the housings, but i will never do any sort of business with autolumination again.......EVER!!!!
Which size amber leds are you running now?
Old 04-12-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by APG12
Which size amber leds are you running now?
i got the 25-LED bulbs
Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got the 25-LED bulbs
How bright are they? I was gonna get the 45s.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by APG12
How bright are they? I was gonna get the 45s.
the 25s are good & bright, I was gonna get the 45s as well, but they were out of them when I ordered mine, and didn't want to wait for them to get them in stock....lol
Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow I did the exact same thing and have the exact same problem...wish it didnt take over a month and a half to get my ******* housings and flasher so I could have found out they didnt work and got a refund...TOO LATE NOW and they arent even bright...at ALL, my 194 bulbs from superbrightleds are WAY brighter

60$ down the drain
Old 04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Teching In

I bought some switchback 60 from jw motoring. Good reviews from the vet guys so I figured I try them out for 50 bucks.There under lighting for c5 vets. I order resister that he recommended for 7 bucks to prevent hyper flash ,but didnt need them.Only had them for a few weeks seem to work fine.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
Wow I did the exact same thing and have the exact same problem...wish it didnt take over a month and a half to get my ******* housings and flasher so I could have found out they didnt work and got a refund...TOO LATE NOW and they arent even bright...at ALL, my 194 bulbs from superbrightleds are WAY brighter

60$ down the drain
yea that's what I'm thinking too probably going to call a salvage yard and have them cut off the sockets of a T/A since I'm guessing that is my problem because no one else seems to have a problem, but the people that installed new sockets..
Old 04-14-2011, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6_101
yea that's what I'm thinking too probably going to call a salvage yard and have them cut off the sockets of a T/A since I'm guessing that is my problem because no one else seems to have a problem, but the people that installed new sockets..
go to oreilly's, that's where I got my new sockets, no issues, just make sure you put all the wires together like they were and not to mix them up....
Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6_101
Im not even gonna waste my time doing that for these dim *** bulbs, probaly just get some amber or white ones from superbrightleds, and sell these to some ricer lol but im curious if that works
Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

go to oreilly's, that's where I got my new sockets, no issues, just make sure you put all the wires together like they were and not to mix them up....
hmmm I might have to try that..how much were they?

Quick Reply: Switchback problems