Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NEW PRODUCT: 4th Gen. F-body Camaro and T/A Seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default NEW PRODUCT: 4th Gen. F-body Camaro and T/A Seat covers

We're putting this thread back up after accidentally taking it down while modifying it. Oops...

WARNING: VERY PIC HEAVY!!! Hope you've all got cabel internet, lol.

With all the recent private messages about our custom covered seat covers we decided to go back to our upholstery guys and try to get a package deal on seats for a T/A or Camaro. We felt we didn’t need any interest to get these going, so we've decided to just do it and front the cash to get the shop to get going on these for some templates.

What we got was great news and now are pleased to off seat covers as part of our 6LE Designs collection. (as of 4/13/11, things are looking a bit grim, lol)

We're going to do a GP/Introductory rate on these to see where we can realistically go with them, and see if it's a fad to get cool custom seat covers or a real interest to get new replacement covers.

Just about any seat questions will be answered in below:

Here's is how the pricing will work for you guys:

The normal price we're going sell these for will be $850 (Camaro) or $950 (Pontiac's have a different seat patterns and have side bolsters, so they need more work, sorry). That is WITH all new seat covers with the fronts and rears. (no hog rings either! These will have the same stock GM slide clip fasteners, just like stock, so these beauties will never have to be poked or cut) It is an amazing looking Vinyl and that will include a hounds tooth insert of your choice of the 4 main colors we offer.

We want to get this going so we decided to do a price of $750 or $850 right now on these! This includes shipping to the lower 48 states. Our turn around can be FAST too! We can come up with color schemes that would blow you all away as well.

[As of right now, we're thinking of doing the first 10 LS1Tech COMPLETE SET'S for $650 and $750 (Camaro and T/A, respectively) just to get a buzz out there and to show you we're here to help you out and not to destroy your pocketbooks, lol. If you've wanted seats, get them now. Excuses will only drive you price up to the regular prices later. After these 10 "Tech Special" sets, we'll do the following 10 sets at the $750 or $850 price. Then after that, regular price of $850 or $950. ]

Yes, we can do fronts only. (They will be cheaper than a set, but not by much)

Yes, we can do rears only. (They will be cheaper than a set, but not by much)

We can also offer door panels as well for $50 more (if bought with a full set).

Now, Let's get down to brass tacks....

Each set of seat covers is custom made to YOUR specifications. The most popular by far have been the Camaro seats with hounds tooth inserts down the middle. (Like mine or Sommer86's seats).

Here are Sommer86 's seats below (his are stock ebony outers with red/black HT centers installed):

Here are mine in the same red/black HT:

And we offer 4 main colors of HT to choose from. Black/white, red/black, orange/black, and brown/tan. As of right now I can also get purple/black and green/black hounds tooth too.

BUT, we wanted to get the 'Yac crowd in on this, so we also offer a Pontiac seat as well. Here is a set he made to show me what he could do:

And door panels too...

Or, in red:

Yes, the headrest covers will come with the seats. We're even working on an embroidery price for logos.... but it isn't looking cheap for some of the AWESOME logo's i've asked about. (LOTB, all the anniversaries, WS.6, WS.9, all the different generations of firechickens, SS emblems, Z-28, 6LE, SES, etc.) Prices were looking like $50-$55-ish per panel/headrest with a logo on it.

And yes, these replace your seat cover in your car now. Just pull yours off, and pull ours on.

And It's all made right here in the good ol' US of A.

Remember, these prices are "shipped prices" and we'd get these mailed out to your door about a week and a half....it's THAT fast!

You tell us what you're looking for, and we'll tell you if it can happen. It's like our gauge overlays..... let your mind get crazy with it! (tastefully, of course. lol)

-Mark
6LE Designs
Old 04-14-2011, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

man those T/A seat covers look badass! Definitely a good idea you got goin Mark I'm sure quite a few guys will bite immediately especially with the intro pricing.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suede inserts?

How much off is just a set of fronts? I'll probably do a rear seat delete.

Not sure if I want to get new seats or not. I have things I'd rather do now though. Lol
Old 04-14-2011, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Default That is awesome!

Deffinatlly Thinking this would be a cool winter project maybe fall . I'll be keeping this on my to buy list!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those look sick, i wish i was rich right about..... NOW lol
Old 04-14-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh man those white TA seats are sick. Great job as always 6LE.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Well, as I've stated in my emails - with the right colours, I am in - and will post my before afters
Old 04-14-2011, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

What are prices. For just front seats
Old 04-14-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

So can do 6LE seats too? I'd like to see some close ups of suede and the real leather 6LE seats if you dont mind.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ghostintheshell
Well, as I've stated in my emails - with the right colours, I am in - and will post my before afters
Still working on it.

Originally Posted by mikefirehawk0623
What are prices. For just front seats
Still working on it...

Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6
So can do 6LE seats too? I'd like to see some close ups of suede and the real leather 6LE seats if you dont mind.
We can't do 6LE seats. They are shipped directly from the factory to the buyer, so we never see them. For us to do 6LE seats, you'd have to get them delivered to us (or yourself) then once they arrive to us, we'd get them made up with new inserts. THEN you'd have to pay for shipping again back to you. If you dont care about $$, we dont either, and can do it. .....But it ain't cheap!

[It's honestly a big hassle for both of us, but can be done) In the end, it's all up to 6 (Mark).]
Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Teching In

how soon will you guys be able to take orders?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DADSLS1
how soon will you guys be able to take orders?
We started about a month ago... I think Mark's still detailing the site, so the page isn't up yet, but we're ready to go.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to get a set with black/white houndstooth insert ... perhaps either SS or CAMARO embroidered on the front seats. Let me know what you need to do to get on the list.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Teching In

good, I sent mark an email earlier today hopefully you guys can make em
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SnakeStomper
I'd love to get a set with black/white houndstooth insert ... perhaps either SS or CAMARO embroidered on the front seats. Let me know what you need to do to get on the list.
As soon as you want to make payment (or decide what you'd like 100%), we can get these babies rolling out. It's all up to you guys. No pressure.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

3 questions:

1) On the white and black t/a seats shown, the side plastic trim that has vertical lines in it seems to be covered in your mock up seats in black material, will the covers we get have those side trim covers?

2) Where can color charts be found for picking material choices?

3) Are the initial 10 orders ($650/$750) placed yet, If not how many are currently submitted as of 4/15/11?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

any chance there will be things for the 93-96 camaro seats?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:02 AM
11 Second Club

Aaaah need more money..
Old 04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
3 questions:

1) On the white and black t/a seats shown, the side plastic trim that has vertical lines in it seems to be covered in your mock up seats in black material, will the covers we get have those side trim covers?

2) Where can color charts be found for picking material choices?

3) Are the initial 10 orders ($650/$750) placed yet, If not how many are currently submitted as of 4/15/11?
You have a PM sir!

1. Covers can be added, but those are our replacements if you dont send yours in. Those are to show you how good they can look without the plastic "gills". The plastic "gill" pieces are hard to find so we'd like to re-use yours.

2. Color charts will come in time. Right now we're trying to get one together that will look good. But we can match pretty much anything. We are even working on a "neutral" at the moment. If hounds tooth is wanted, the pictures are above of what is offered.

3. 6 will have to chime in on that part for sure, but I know if 3 coming down the pipe line this week.

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
any chance there will be things for the 93-96 camaro seats?
Good question. I think we can do LT patterns as we've got a couple of LT camaro seats laying around and some friends have some too. Don't seat covers for either 93-97 and 98-02 interchange?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sommer86
You have a PM sir!

Good question. I think we can do LT patterns as we've got a couple of LT camaro seats laying around and some friends have some too. Don't seat covers for either 93-97 and 98-02 interchange?
no the underlying foam is different..

Quick Reply: NEW PRODUCT: 4th Gen. F-body Camaro and T/A Seat covers