Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone used 3m plastic emblem and trim adhesive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used 3m plastic emblem and trim adhesive?

I'm curious how easy this stuff is to remove? I bought a few stock Z28 emblems and I'm thinking of painting them flat black just to give it a different look. I like the way it looks now..... but..... if I decide to change my mind, how difficult will it to be get this stuff off? Will rubbing alcohol do it? I havent put them on yet, so if there is a different way to do it that will be easier to remove (maybe some double sided adhesive tape?) I'm all for it. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

I'd go with the double sided adhesive tape for sure. That's what we use in the bodyshop everyday for painted exterior body panels. I only use the glue type adhesive on those panels if somebody butchered it before, haha.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Revcore66
I'd go with the double sided adhesive tape for sure. That's what we use in the bodyshop everyday for painted exterior body panels. I only use the glue type adhesive on those panels if somebody butchered it before, haha.
>>>>This guy<<<< hahah well... the PO superglued the last emblems on and I tried to wet sand them out and I kinda messed up the paint a little bit. Theres a spot smaller than a dime thats through the paint, but luckily it's not to big to cover up with the new emblems Thanks for the input, I'll try to find some tape.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the 3M tape when I put the 2nd gen badges on my car and it's been holding strong for 2+ years now

Quick Reply: Anyone used 3m plastic emblem and trim adhesive?