Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

emblem help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default emblem help

I'm going to put the Hurst equipped emblem on the passenger side of my Trans Am opposite of the WS.6 emblem. How do I go about getting it level with the other emblem. I don't have a clue where to start other than to make an outline with a sharpie and try to look back and forth. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe some of that painters tape? Line it from either the top and/or bottom of your ws6 badge and run it to the other side as straight as possible. That's what I would do.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Use a laser level? As far as measuring side to side goes, I simply counted the number of honeycombs in the tail lights to get the emblems to match. Measure down from the bottom of the tail light to the top of the emblem then repeat for the Hurst.

Another option is to use painters/masking tape rolled up and put in on the back of the Hurst to "test fit" and stand back and look at it. Once it looks even then use two pieces of tape vertically to make a point of reference the stick it on for good. Really, though as long as it's close, I don't think many people will swoop up and say your WS6 emblem is 0.07 mm higher than your Hurst.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I got it on pretty straight I think. I measured from the gap between the bumper and quarter panel and then measured both emblems and moved the emblem back for the length difference between them and then took masking tap and made a loop and stuck it on and off a few times then marked the sides with masking tape. This took about 45 minutes of playing with it to figure out a way to do it. Thanks. Heres a pic.