Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replacement leather seat covers. Leather, vinyl, what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Replacement leather seat covers. Leather, vinyl, what?

I'm in need of replacement seat covers for my TA. The problem I keep coming up with is, from what I'm seeing in photos on here is that all the replacement leather people are buying, selling or showing off is what I like to call Camaro leather. The leather in my 99Z was a much thinner softer leather than in my TA. This is easily noticeable where the tears in both cars are. Camaro was thinner, TA is THICK. The TA leather is this thick tough grainy cowboy leather. At least it seems that way to me. For that fact, I don't even know if it is supposed to be REAL leather from the factory as most of the replacement sets I see are all Vinyl.

So, what am I looking for to get these seats back to factory condition, using the same material/style they used at the factory? Does anyone sell exact repros like I'm looking for? (and yes, I know you can go to any number of sponsor and non sponsor sites and buy Hampton vinyl or whatever it is they are selling repros that will fit, but as I said, I need to know exactly what came from the factory first) If it is that vinyl, why doesn't it look anything like mine?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classic industries. I think they are like 400 for front and rear

Quick Reply: Replacement leather seat covers. Leather, vinyl, what?