Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will 350z seats fit in a 4th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will 350z seats fit in a 4th gen?

Looking for something a little more comfortable and supportive than the factory seats in my Camaro, has anyone on here installed 350z/G35 seats? I got a line one some for a good price and just curious if anyone has done it or might know the dimensions as far as how big of a seat you can fit. They do look considerably wider than 4th gen seats from pictures, so I'm not sure if they would or not.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

yeah you'd just have to get the measurements for it man. i dont think ive ever seen anyone do it. i know of people putting in S2000, vette and RSX seats, but never 350z seats. have you googled it?
Old 06-04-2011, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

My dad has a 350z with the orange leather seats and I can't say I find them comfy at all,, especially not compared to the leathers in my TA. I get sore on long trips in it, just my personal experience with them though. But hey if you can get some for a good deal then it might be worth it provided they fit of course!

Good luck!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Vince
yeah you'd just have to get the measurements for it man. i dont think ive ever seen anyone do it. i know of people putting in S2000, vette and RSX seats, but never 350z seats. have you googled it?
I tried to google and it actually brought up an old ls1tech thread, but it was about 3 posts and then derailed, no useful info.

Originally Posted by FordHater
My dad has a 350z with the orange leather seats and I can't say I find them comfy at all,, especially not compared to the leathers in my TA. I get sore on long trips in it, just my personal experience with them though. But hey if you can get some for a good deal then it might be worth it provided they fit of course!

Good luck!
Really? From the looks of them they seem to have some decent bolstering, and appear good for people with a bigger frame.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Regulator
Really? From the looks of them they seem to have some decent bolstering, and appear good for people with a bigger frame.
They do look very comfy but I honestly get sore from sitting in them for extended trips. My dad has the same thing so it's not just me! Maybe they just need to get worn in a little more... (car only has 26,000 miles on it) Is there any car dealer's near you with a 350z? Go try out the seats for yourself!

Let me know if you need any measurements, I'd be glad to help.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

My girlfriend has a 350z touring. They're nothing extraordinary and wouldn't be my first choice of seats to put in my TA, but they're a bit more comfortable in my opinion. (Not sure about long trips though). And I have no clue about if they'll fit or not.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Launching!

They do look very comfy but I honestly get sore from sitting in them for extended trips. My dad has the same thing so it's not just me! Maybe they just need to get worn in a little more... (car only has 26,000 miles on it) Is there any car dealer's near you with a 350z? Go try out the seats for yourself!

Let me know if you need any measurements, I'd be glad to help.
If you could I'd really appreciate it!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

If you could I'd really appreciate it!
I'll take a few measurements tomorrow for ya, my dad was gone with the car today.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Launching!

I'll take a few measurements tomorrow for ya, my dad was gone with the car today.
Any luck?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Any luck?
Sorry... One of the worst weeks of my life. A tree fell on my TransAm while it was parked. Completely crushed in the roof and shattered all the glass as well as the fiberglass doors. Back hatch was pushed into the rear quarter panels which ended up warping completely.... Insurance decided its totalled... FML.

I measured to the widest point for all measurements.

The base of the seat is 21" wide by 25" long.

The actual seat frame rails are 18.5" wide by 20.5" long.

The top portion of the seat is 21" wide by 32" tall.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense or if you need measurements for specific areas.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Dont think thhey will be a direct fit. Sliders will have to be reused off of your stock seats. the floor pan on fbodies, especially the passenger side, is a unique shape
Old 06-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Sorry... One of the worst weeks of my life. A tree fell on my TransAm while it was parked. Completely crushed in the roof and shattered all the glass as well as the fiberglass doors. Back hatch was pushed into the rear quarter panels which ended up warping completely.... Insurance decided its totalled... FML.

I measured to the widest point for all measurements.

The base of the seat is 21" wide by 25" long.

The actual seat frame rails are 18.5" wide by 20.5" long.

The top portion of the seat is 21" wide by 32" tall.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense or if you need measurements for specific areas.
DAMN! That's messed up man, I'm sorry to hear. I appreciate the measurements, and I hope you can work something out with your insurance company for the car.

Originally Posted by 808z28camaro
Dont think thhey will be a direct fit. Sliders will have to be reused off of your stock seats. the floor pan on fbodies, especially the passenger side, is a unique shape
I figured I would have to do some work with the sliders, figure out a way to adapt the stockers. I was more concerned with their physical dimensions fitting inside the car
Old 08-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Default Do want!

It turns out, I owned an '05 350z touring and it dawned on me today at work that I want those seats (leather) in my recently purchased 4th gen ('02 Z28).I love the Z28 more and more every day I drive it, but to be honest I bought it because it has 70k miles, an LS1, and 6 gears; basically a good platform to start with. The interior of these cars is nothing short of terrible and ill-designed. The seats in my 350 were AWESOME and they are my first choice if they will fit. Let me know how it goes, if it works for you, I'm having it done by my fab guy immediately.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you not read that his car got smashed by a tree.... i dont think he is going to try it anytime soon
Old 08-07-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by my bandit
did you not read that his car got smashed by a tree.... i dont think he is going to try it anytime soon
Read again it was not his car that got smashed
Old 08-07-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh **** my bad haha. i would honestly get like a set of corbeaus or recaros if your going to spend the money, i dont think the 350z seats are that comfortable either
Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 AM

I was just going to get them because I had the car for a year and found them really comfortable but mostly good looking. Can anyone point me in the direction of some corbeaus, or any seat really that fits in the car well, but doesn't have a stupid rice burner look to it? Also, I'm kinda tall, like 6' 4". Right now I'm dealing with a "racing seat" that doesn't scoot back far enough for me. It's why i got the car so cheap.

Quick Reply: Will 350z seats fit in a 4th gen?