Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

White Leather

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Leather

Whats The Best Cleaner And Sealant To Use. Anything That You Can Put On The Leather So It Dosn't Absord The Colors Of Clothes So Bad?
Old 02-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Zaino protectant alot. There is another cleaner/protectant in a brown bottle I have in my car right now but I can't think of the name. Both go on, saturate into the leather and leave zero residue.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saddle soap, saddle soap, saddle soap!
I assume you have a 30th as well? The white is actually a dye and a spray on **** coating. If you use too many chemicals or GOD FORBID! scrub, it will peel like a bad sunburn. Don't ask how I know Thank you warranty Try to avoid the cheap KIWI brand ****, and go to your local tack shop and get actual Saddle Soap. As far as conditioner, Lexol, or most any pH sensitive conditioner will be fine.
Also, bleeding off from clothes is a personal problem. Myabe you should wash them a few time before you wear them. People on the 30th board have bitched about it for 5 years, and I have never seen it, EVER, and mine is a DD, so it sees plenty of in/out action in the seats (not like that pervs)
If the stain is real bad, take the tip of the TERRY towel, and wet it with bleach, then take it and put some saddle soap on it, and gently rub it. Make sure you condition well. My front seats will get dirty as hell, and then I use the above method, and they look new again. I also have a side detailing business, and I use saddle soap there for nice leather as well.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve got white leather in my car. Still looks brand new but just get used to cleaning it. That’s the fun of white. I’ve had it since 92 and will never have white interior ever again just due to the maintenance.
Best way to clean it is plain old windex then finish it off with some conditioner. For the really bad spots, like on the entrance corner of the seat, spray it liberally with windex and let it sit for a couple minutes. Everyone preaches the “specially designed to clean leather” sermon, but I’ll guarantee my interior looks and feels brand new. **** you not, I carry a bottle of windex in the car and wipe down everything when I have a couple minutes about once a week. I condition everything about every 2 -4 months, depending on how heavy I wipe everything down.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saddle soap is a good idea, but do stay away from the cheap stuff, I never use it just because I ruined my saddle (yes I can ride) with it. I think it was Kiwi brand too. My saddle dried up and cracked and my riggings were shot after using it. Arrggggg…..
Old 02-28-2004, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

my white leather seats are more of an off-white
its too late to fix them now,
I just took the back seats out completely, cause they looked so horrible
would I ever get white leather again?- you damn right
white leather is pimpin with a capital Pinky rang
Old 02-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

I use Mothers Leather Cleaner and Mothers Leather Conditioner, two step. Works good for me, Beings I clean it about every week or so.