Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Full Detail Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Detail Questions

ok, I am going to have my car buffed at the body shop next month. I want to know what else I can do to make the car look awesome for the spring? How do you go about cleaning the undercarrage, wheel wells and all the nooks and crannys? What do you reccomend for products to use?

Also, what works good for the carpet, dash and leather seats? The car is really clean, never sees snow, but feel that she needs a spring cleaning..

Any help?
Old 03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Launching!

I use to take my wheels off, to rotate them, and I would clean behind them really good. I would clean the whole wheel, front and back, and then the wheel well. I think it make a bigg difference. And it is good to rotate the tires anyway. Also make sure to clean the door jams really good, the door sills, the hatch (so it looks good when it is open) and the exhaust tips.

As far as the interior, it depends on how dirty it is. I always used mild cleaners, never anything harsh. I don't want the car to smell like cleaners when I am done. I used Mothers Leather Cleaner on the seats, but I have heard that Zaino's Leather in a Bottle is the best. If you are going to clean the carpets, make sure that it is a warm day, and finish early so they have time to dry. Keep the car open and well venilated. I hate the smell of a musty car. You can remove the seats and clean underneath them for a thorough cleaning. Just look over your car, you will see what needs to be cleaned. Good luck. And remember, have fun while doing it. It makes it so much easier.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lastss...What do you use on the wheel wells?

What process did you go throught to clean the door jams? My interior is very clean, but Leather polish is always a good thing..Good idead with the seats!

I might find some petrified fries down there! lol....

Quick Reply: Full Detail Questions