Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

NBM T/A owners... opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NBM T/A owners... opinions please

ok, i want to make my car stand out somewhat from the norm. i was thinking of having the lower rear bumper section painted silver, as well as adding silver T/A side badges, grills, etc. also, i was wondering if you can buy the ram air hood decal/stripes like the blackbird has (the ones that looks like a big decal running along the side of the raised portion)? for wheels, i am considering the TT2's and having them powdercoated in navy blue metallic (also like the blackbird, but instead of the gunmetal color). how do you think this would look?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Old 07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Scammer Alert!

hey, i actually have the stripes your looking for brand new, i actually painted my raised section like you saying so i dont need the stripe kit, silver, and it looks killer, i also did the ceta mod silver and everyone seems to like it. If you want the stripe kit i got it from a friend from auto graphics, new they are $130, ill sell it for $75 let me know
Old 07-16-2007, 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

I would NOT do the CETA mod, side stripes,or grills...I'm a firm believer in less is more..I would do the Silver blackbird stripe with "Ram Air", Silver Trans Am Side Badges, Silver Bird Plate Insert(Even if you only had it on for pictures/events), Chrome Wheels, Corsa catback or tips if you can find them and possibly Silver or stainless steel "PONTIAC" bumper inserts and call it a masterpiece..I would be jealous of that car!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh god please don't do silver CETA. You have to make everything flow on the car. Having NBM wheels and a silver CETA won't match and will run and look tacky as hell. I guess it would match the badges, but I'm pretty much against having the badges on the car. I guess I agree with bigfoot when I say less is more. You want to stand out, but in the long run would you rather have the nice looking car or the car that gets gawked at for being over the top?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Negative on the silver CETA, if you do one on NBM do a dark charcoal metallic (what I'm doing), and do the same on the centers of the TT2's, not NBM. Ditch the stripes and badges too. Thats my opinion. That should be enough to make your car stick out from the pack, get a cam too and a nice lope, that'll set you apart.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those are some different ideas but think how it will look as a finished product...way overdone. Think of the whole picture before changing anything on a great looking car.

Quick Reply: NBM T/A owners... opinions please