Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Fabricated front end idea... Need someone who can try a photoshop of this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fabricated front end idea... Need someone who can try a photoshop of this.

I've been thinking that cutting off the really pointy front end of the Gen. 4 and fabricating a new one that has and old school Gen 1 grill look with the new 2010 LED lights would look awesome! So I spent some time to draw it up. I want to get folks input before I seriously pursue finding a person willing to try and fabricate this for me. So what do yall think?
Attached Thumbnails Fabricated front end idea... Need someone who can try a photoshop of this.-pfrontconcept.jpg  
Old 11-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Creative, but IMO will never look right.the 5 the Gen front only works on a 5 the Gen. I saw a 4 the Gen one time with a 69 front and it looked ugly and out of place. Just doesn't go with the rest of the car
Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Teching In

I was thinking of having it made a little more round around the grill and lights. Not so squarish. Plus if I have the money to even do this I'm thinking of possibly adding some lines on the body and wheel flares. LS1Vince photoshopped these pics that I think would be good additions to my idea.
Attached Thumbnails Fabricated front end idea... Need someone who can try a photoshop of this.-io1g6.jpg   Fabricated front end idea... Need someone who can try a photoshop of this.-iogrrr.jpg  
Old 11-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Creative, but IMO will never look right.the 5 the Gen front only works on a 5 the Gen. I saw a 4 the Gen one time with a 69 front and it looked ugly and out of place. Just doesn't go with the rest of the car
I seriously appreciate the input!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

please don't tear your SS apart....if you're seriously thinking about doing this, do it to a V6 4th gen lol. I think the idea is somewhat there...but the drawing needs a little more attention.

Scroll down 3/4 of a page, there are a few concept drawings with the rounded rear end look (red and orange drawings)
http://www.marshu.com/collection-pic...ro-concept.php

google camaro concept and scroll through the images. if you think it will look good, go for it. I don't think the 4th gen is the car to have a more square front end though even though you plan to round it out more. if you go through with it, make a build thread!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
please don't tear your SS apart....if you're seriously thinking about doing this, do it to a V6 4th gen lol. I think the idea is somewhat there...but the drawing needs a little more attention.

Scroll down 3/4 of a page, there are a few concept drawings with the rounded rear end look (red and orange drawings)

google camaro concept and scroll through the images. if you think it will look good, go for it. I don't think the 4th gen is the car to have a more square front end though even though you plan to round it out more. if you go through with it, make a build thread!
Holy crap some of those in that link are hideous
Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Default ok ok

Haha! There just ideas. I have thought about purchasing a wreck and or something cheap to toy with, but I'm not planning on doing this work myself. I'll definitely have a professional do it. Everyone's opinion will differ, but this is why I wanted others opinions.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

I'll look into that for sure. And yeah I'm definitely not an artist, but it wasn't a bad sketch...
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Default Concept

Yeah I've seen that Concept before a while back. That is a bit like what I want to do but the body is obviously a lot different on that car. I want to try and photoshop something. Maybe put some lines in the car and small flares. I'm going to work with it, but if I do go through with I will definitely post the progress.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha i know, I'm just trying to help him out with some ideas. I'm all for guys doing new things. not everyone will like everything, think about how many people love the 5th gen and others don't find it so appealing. to each their own
Old 11-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Default Agreed

haha i know, I'm just trying to help him out with some ideas. I'm all for guys doing new things. not everyone will like everything, think about how many people love the 5th gen and others don't find it so appealing. to each their own
Yeah I'm not really the biggest fan the 5th Gen as a whole either... I get people from time to time that think I'm crazy when I tell them I like my Gen 4 way better, but at the same time I do like the flatter 69ish fronts on the new Camaros. We'll see what happens. This is just an idea for now.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Teching In

I've been trying to figure out photoshop for the past two days. I suck at it! haha. Does anyone know how to actually use that progrm that wants to see what this would actually look like? I would appreciate it.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anything that can make a camaro front end look less like a catfish is a WIN! lol 4th gen that is.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you guys know I meant 5th and 4th Gen, phone has auto spell check LOL.but like I said creative, I will try and find that pic I was talking about.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like that you're thinking out of the box. Pic looks cool but I think when in scale the angles will kill the idea

Rear is cool, we just made our own a little less vette and more 5th gen...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...diffusers.html
Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Wow I would think the front end of a 5th gen on a 4rth gen would look outta place because it's a pretty big front end .. Good look with the photo shop OP should be interesting ..
Old 12-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
anything that can make a camaro front end look less like a catfish is a WIN! lol 4th gen that is.
Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I like that you're thinking out of the box. Pic looks cool but I think when in scale the angles will kill the idea

Rear is cool, we just made our own a little less vette and more 5th gen...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...diffusers.html
Wow! I really like it! Think you can get a render like that of my front concept? It would be awesome if you could.

Originally Posted by camaroboy14
Wow I would think the front end of a 5th gen on a 4rth gen would look outta place because it's a pretty big front end .. Good look with the photo shop OP should be interesting ..
I like the positive thinking guys. Thanks! I think it's a really good idea. Not that I think my car is ugly by any stretch but I do think it can look better.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I hope you guys know I meant 5th and 4th Gen, phone has auto spell check LOL.but like I said creative, I will try and find that pic I was talking about.
We knew what you meant bud.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear bumpers look cool but screw the front idea.. looks horrible IMO.. If you want to change the front bumper appearance do some photoshops elongating and modifying the fog light holes and grille area.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by djfury05
The rear bumpers look cool but screw the front idea.. looks horrible IMO.. If you want to change the front bumper appearance do some photoshops elongating and modifying the fog light holes and grille area.
The grill area is my main concern. I want it to be bigger and not so pointed. It don't have to be exactly like I drew it. That's my first rendering. I suck with photoshop so I recruited LS1Vince to hook me up. He said when he has some free time this weekend he'll get at it. We'll see the outcome.

Quick Reply: Fabricated front end idea... Need someone who can try a photoshop of this.