Sponsored by: DashLynx

B/G Chameleon appearance ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B/G Chameleon appearance ideas

Ive got a 99 blue green chameleon T/A.

I recently got a ram air hood, still need to get it painted to match the car.

Eventually I want to get the decal stickers for the "pontiac", "firebird logo", and "Trans am" on the back.

Not sure what color I want to get for the decals on the back. The only one I have seen so far that looked decent was white on that color. I attached the picture...looks like its the older version of my color.

Now for the hood I had two different ideas. First was the strip on the side of nostrils back to the windshield where it says "ram air" at the front...or even just put "trans am" on mine instead because my ram air is functional but I dont have an air box to work with the hood. Second would be the tops of the scoops painted.

White was the only color I think would go good on this car, like red would be tacky I think, black would be hard to see, and not really sure about the rest.

Let me know what you guys think would look good, ultimately it will be what I want/like, but someone may have an idea that looks sweet that I didnt think of.
Attached Thumbnails B/G Chameleon appearance ideas-1-11-08rearaftercetamod.jpg   B/G Chameleon appearance ideas-104.jpg   B/G Chameleon appearance ideas-claire1008.jpg  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Dont do any hood stripes. It takes away from the beauty of the color. Do the ceta mod and white pontiac fill ins for the rear and be done with it
Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaroking1996
Dont do any hood stripes. It takes away from the beauty of the color. Do the ceta mod and white pontiac fill ins for the rear and be done with it
I do see what you mean looking at some pictures of the color with the hood plain.

What you think of any decals on the front...like ram air on the nostrils, and on the pontiac on the head light...

Most of what I see is plain with nothing...not that it looks bad.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine has a black ram air stripe, not thrilled with it but it works.

The Pontiac letters in the bumper are red and I also got new fire bird emblems on the tail lights

Old 01-05-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

The subtle, little decals look good. The big stripes on the nostrils would look like **** on your car imo. White ram air on the side of the nostril and white pontiac fill ins and it would look clean.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Its a gorgeous color that should really be left alone. Clean and simple best on a really nice color.

In fact, I photo shopped my car chameleon. I have polished stainless emblems on the bumpers. The CETA mod is done in metallic black. I also tinted the front side markers in PS as it looked better on this color.

Looks good don't it?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Its a gorgeous color that should really be left alone. Clean and simple best on a really nice color.

In fact, I photo shopped my car chameleon.
Looks good don't it?
I'm impressed As complex a color as it is, you managed to get pretty close. Looks a little closer to the 3rd gen teal to me though

However, I agree. With a complex, beautiful color like that, just leave it be. The CETA actually looks pretty good (I had never seen it on BGC before and I had my doubts), but even the overlays seem a little much. If your wheels are chrome and you want to match them with chrome overlays, that seems like it would be fine, but otherwise, leave it my. My 2 cents.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks! It's damn near impossible to match the color of BGC when you start off with a solid color in PS.

I agree...polished stainless if you have chrome/polished wheels. Silver if you have silver painted wheels. Just the rear PONTIAC and the front license plate. Possibly the vents too on the side and hood only if you go the stainless route.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Thanks! It's damn near impossible to match the color of BGC when you start off with a solid color in PS.

I agree...polished stainless if you have chrome/polished wheels. Silver if you have silver painted wheels. Just the rear PONTIAC and the front license plate. Possibly the vents too on the side and hood only if you go the stainless route.
Also, matching overlays on the door emblems are good too, if you haven't shaved them off. But imo, don't put anything on the hood. Even inlays on the vent grills seem to detract from the paint (on any color).
Old 01-06-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

I personally prefer the shaved look on the door moldings and lettering among other things too.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Gold accents might not look to bad....
Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

its got stock wheels at the moment..thats another one of my big decisions I havent made yet. Wanted the TT2's but that seems common (atleast on here, dont see them on cars around here....well untill I get them, then it would seem every other cars has them)

What size are your tires hotwhip?

Do like the chrome on the back, dont think I would do the side vents though.
I need to get everything painted and see how it looks clean. I have only had the car since beginning of october and live in ohio so weather has been crappy and car hasnt stayed very clean. Not to mention previous owner(s) scratched alot of the paint, and the back bumper is messed up as in 2 big spots of paint missing.

So, after hood is painted and most of the rest is touched up/fixed should look alot better.

Oh, I do like the metallic black on the ceta mod, may have to go that way, seems to match with the bgc a lot nicer than flat black would.

Thanks for the help so far too, its giving me new perspectives that I didnt see by myself

Edit: oh, btw the front bird wasnt on the car when I got it, so I got a clear cover and I plan on doing the light mod on the front. Either way going to be interesting here in ohio with the police since I need a front plate.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

The back are 295/35/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's. Nice tire, a bit pricy. I've noticed these tires are wider than other tires of the same specs. I like em.

Fronts are 275/35/18 Nitto 555
Old 01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

What part of Ohio do you live in? I live in Troy, about 20 miles north of Dayton. If You live close by maybe we could meet up for some car shows in the spring.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nathan C
What part of Ohio do you live in? I live in Troy, about 20 miles north of Dayton. If You live close by maybe we could meet up for some car shows in the spring.
I'm a little bit of a drive, I live in tiffin. If a plan stuff out ahead of time could probably go to some
Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 AM
On The Tree

^^^ I'm close to both you guys
Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

the middle pic in the original post is my hood.

it doesn't have the sail panel bird decal anymore
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for last post...was at work and trying to type it quick on my phone when I seen there were posts on here.

How far away are you malw_95z28?

ws9formula car looks sharp, I think that I only seen the pic that had had saved and posted, but not a side view of the car.

How does this look (attached picture)? lol

btw its my car...my current 'ricer' moment. Just waiting till the body shop I go to gets time to paint it, just didnt feel like taking it back off after I had it on.
Attached Thumbnails B/G Chameleon appearance ideas-resampled_2012-01-09_17-03-52_193.jpg  

Quick Reply: B/G Chameleon appearance ideas