Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Putting TA seats in my camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting TA seats in my camaro

I found a pair of 98 TA seats and I want to put them in my 01 cCamaro, but I don't have power seats right now and the new seats do have power and lumbar support. I was wondering if there is a power connection under the carpet somewhere or under the seat I can just plug into? Or am i going to have to do a lot of wiring. I have not even looked for one yet I figured I would ask before I looked for something that isn't there
Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Banned

If there is a power harness hiding, it will be right under the carpet in the center of the 4 mounting bolts... sorry I can't be more help. I had TA seats in my car but my driver seat was already power. Just bolted them right in. Now I've got racing seats.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help. What style racing seats did you go with? I was looking into those but the only ones in my price range were all function and no comfort and my car is a daily driver
Old 01-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Banned

Well I have 2 different pairs, currently the ones in the car are some nice black leather w/ black suede inserts seats. I bought them from a friend so I'm unsure of the brand.

I also have a pair of brand new 6LE real leather racing seats I was contemplating on using, but I don't think I'm going to use them now. I just like the style of my other seats better. These 6LE seats are super comfortable I will say, and the side bolster and hip support secures you really well. I'm going to end up selling them pretty cheap, PM me if you might be interested in them.

I went from stock crappy grey cloth camaro seats, to ebony TA seats.. they looked nice but I drive crazy and they lacked support to keep your *** planted. Racing seats are a must for me in any "fun" car, it's definitely money well spent.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a connector thats under the carpet, right in between the studs, the carpet will have a slit in it, You will also need the harness that ties the drivers seat to the passengers seat,It feeds the PS power, along with a dual hose harness, Its for the lumbar. If your car did not have power seats, It may not have the harness under the carpet,, Not sure about that..

Quick Reply: Putting TA seats in my camaro