Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BLS...any updates yet???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLS...any updates yet???

do you all have any updates on the projector headlights for the 98-02 camaros?? as many of us are waiting for updates as far as development of these lights.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

It'll probably be a while before they release them but if they want they can borrow mine!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Those look and work beautifully, Props!!! Thats also gangsta big air dam sticker, where'd you get it?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

LoL it was a windshield banner i got for free, figured it looked best where no one could see it. It's the subtle things haha
Old 02-11-2012, 04:39 AM
FormerVendor

Odd timing of the thread but that's not a bad thing. We ordered a few sets of the DEPO housings for retrofit since the price was hard to beat. The orders for the 93-97 Camaro have taken up a lot of our time to assure they go out as promised.

As for the 98-02 Camaro, we should have some options available by the end of the month or early March. Depending on the difficulty of the retro with the DEPO headlights, we may offer both a complete setup done by us or a DIY kit for those confident with separating the lights.

We are also messing around with the Sonar units but those aren't the most fun to open up.

The goal for both will be to use a suitable 2.5" bi-xenon projector to get the job done.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Good luck with the sonars... LoL as you said they're not the easiest to open up. I helped a friend open them up to basically whistler mod them, wow that was difficult. They use better glue than the factory!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Teching In

ahhh thats good to hear bout them possibly being ready by then...
are they going to stay looking like the stock chrome housing with the projectors in there or are you all going to do the whistler mod with the projectors, srry bout all the questions, just kinda want an idea of how exactly they'll look.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Will there be an option to send our own headlights in for retrofit to keep the costs down?
Old 02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TeXaSBirD91
ahhh thats good to hear bout them possibly being ready by then...
are they going to stay looking like the stock chrome housing with the projectors in there or are you all going to do the whistler mod with the projectors, srry bout all the questions, just kinda want an idea of how exactly they'll look.
If we do look to offer the Sonars, we can leave them chrome or black them out. The only concerning part is the labor to take these things apart. I swear I wanted to smash it on the table lol. My guys may hate me for using them.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Will there be an option to send our own headlights in for retrofit to keep the costs down?
We are thinking about it but depends on which housings customers will have since some are easier to work with than others. Also, I'm a bit leery having us modifying customer supplied used housings because it opens up for issues. For example, customer sends in housings, has some "wear" on them, we send it back and get a complaint that this was our fault. For something like this, we can offer a lot of options from potentially a DIY kit for cheap, modified housings, and modded housings + HID kit/harness etc.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
If we do look to offer the Sonars, we can leave them chrome or black them out. The only concerning part is the labor to take these things apart. I swear I wanted to smash it on the table lol. My guys may hate me for using them.
Hopefully you offer retrofitted housings instead of the Sonars. Anyone can get the Sonar housings on ebay. Also the sonar projectors, although better than most of the ebay options, still fall short compared to a proper HID projector retrofit.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 PM
FormerVendor

As I mentioned in a previous post, we have stock style housings on their way to retro. The Sonars we had laying around and if we get something together for them, we would not leave the stock projector in place. The Morimoto H1 would be a nice choice for either housing to keep things simple but affective.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Regarding Stock Housings...

Since there is a separate high beam, you could use a low beam projector in there instead of a bi-xenon. However, the Morimoto Mini-H1 is a good projector and easy to install. There are some threads in the Lighting FAQ where people have installed them.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...rojectors.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...1-install.html

However, the ones that I can think of wouldn't be as easy to install. Well, unless you come up with some sort of bracket or jig which you seem to be good at which would make installs quicker/easier.

Regarding Aftermarket Housings...

There is a thread in the Lighting FAQ where ClownVomit modified a set of the R8-style ebay housings. He replaced their original halogen projectors with Valeo HID D2S projectors from an Audi B5 A4/S4.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ctor-swap.html
It was a nice improvement over the original projectors and wasn't that difficult to install.

Either Route...

Take a look at the RX projector. It has great output (better than the Valeo D2S and Morimoto Mini H1), but its also a little larger and may not fit as easily in an aftermarket housing. Its not as easy to install as the Morimoto Mini H1 projector but its not any more difficult than any other OEM HID Projector.

I'm not discrediting ClownVomit's choice in projectors at all. Its much better than the halogen projectors that those ebay housings had. I'm just pointing out other options that you may want to look at.

Last edited by VIP1; 02-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

So happy to hear these are being worked on. I'll send my set. Of whistler'd stockers to be a test subject as long as I get them back I also have a set of. Those eBay halos I could send it so I would def like the option to send in a set since I have 2 now I wouldn't want 3.. Lol
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by VIP1
Regarding Stock Housings...

Since there is a separate high beam, you could use a low beam projector in there instead of a bi-xenon. However, the Morimoto Mini-H1 is a good projector and easy to install. There are some threads in the Lighting FAQ where people have installed them.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...rojectors.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...1-install.html

However, the ones that I can think of wouldn't be as easy to install. Well, unless you come up with some sort of bracket or jig which you seem to be good at which would make installs quicker/easier.

Regarding Aftermarket Housings...

There is a thread in the Lighting FAQ where ClownVomit modified a set of the R8-style ebay housings. He replaced their original halogen projectors with Valeo HID D2S projectors from an Audi B5 A4/S4.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ctor-swap.html
It was a nice improvement over the original projectors and wasn't that difficult to install.

Either Route...

Take a look at the RX projector. It has great output (better than the Valeo D2S and Morimoto Mini H1), but its also a little larger and may not fit as easily in an aftermarket housing. Its not as easy to install as the Morimoto Mini H1 projector but its not any more difficult than any other OEM HID Projector.

I'm not discrediting ClownVomit's choice in projectors at all. Its much better than the halogen projectors that those ebay housings had. I'm just pointing out other options that you may want to look at.
Thanks for the helpful links and info. I've spent a lot of time looking over the other install threads which provide some nice details for varying setups. The RX projector is a nice option however it's really going to come down to the ability to mount the unit securely while staying cost effective. The ebay and aftermarket projector housings offer a nice opportunity for a simple bracket to bolt right in. For the stock style housings, there is no great way to mount a non-Morimoto unit without some cutting and adhesive work.

We may offer a variety of choices; some requiring us to do all the work due to the difficulty, while other choices that are easier can be offered and performed by either the customer or BLS.

We have a bunch of different projectors in our shop to mess with so its a matter of spending the time and seeing what works effectively.

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
So happy to hear these are being worked on. I'll send my set. Of whistler'd stockers to be a test subject as long as I get them back I also have a set of. Those eBay halos I could send it so I would def like the option to send in a set since I have 2 now I wouldn't want 3.. Lol
Thank you for the offer but I already have a set of the whistler'd stockers on order and arriving soon. We also have a set of the ebay halos (Sonars). Which other ebay projector housings do you have?
Old 02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Teching In

u should leak some pics on here of different ones u have set up, so u can hear our feedback on them

Quick Reply: BLS...any updates yet???