Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How do I change my turn signal housing? & Put some HID/ or LED's in

Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I change my turn signal housing? & Put some HID/ or LED's in

Well I just put my HID's in my lowbeams and they look sick, I bought some for the fogs as well but won't get them for a few days. I also bought these black turn signal housings that I cant figure out how to install... Well technically I can't get the damn stock ones out. Obviously you gotta pull the headlights, right? After that how do I get them out? Also how can I make them look almost like an HID, I could use LED's correct? Anyone got a exact bulb size? Thank you...
How do I change my turn signal housing? & Put some HID/ or LED's in-photo-8-.jpg
Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

basically get under the car, unhook your front air dam... and stick your arm up in there, your going to have to find 2 little screws on the back of the signal

you wont be able to see them... then find the appropriate socket/screw driver and unscrew them...

and yes you can use led replacements for your signals... cant say the EXACT bulb size though
Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by __Z__
basically get under the car, unhook your front air dam... and stick your arm up in there, your going to have to find 2 little screws on the back of the signal

you wont be able to see them... then find the appropriate socket/screw driver and unscrew them...

and yes you can use led replacements for your signals... cant say the EXACT bulb size though
So I don't need to take the headlights out then?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by B0dyDr0pp3d
So I don't need to take the headlights out then?
From what Ive seen no, however, I have a 95, but from what I understand the set up is almost identical

Im not a big guy, so I didnt even have to get the car up off the ground
Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Teching In

If I remember correctly you can get to the screws from the top by taking out the headlights. I just smoked mine a few months back and I didn't get under the car that I can remember.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ this may be true, like I said mines a 95
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

You don't have to remove the headlights just lay down on the ground under the turn signal n you will see a plastic lid or little door if u wanna call it you just gotta take off a couple screws n it opens up so u can get your arm in there under the housing! You might wanna jack up the car a bit to get a bit more arm room! Then the housing has 2 screws to remove.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by conde'strans
You don't have to remove the headlights just lay down on the ground under the turn signal n you will see a plastic lid or little door if u wanna call it you just gotta take off a couple screws n it opens up so u can get your arm in there under the housing! You might wanna jack up the car a bit to get a bit more arm room! Then the housing has 2 screws to remove.
Thank you sir. I will do this in the AM. Anyone know the size bulb thats in there and if its possible to get one that looks like an 8000k HID?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I change my turn signal housing? & Put some HID/ or LED's in