Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Been a while boys...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Been a while boys...

I know my post have fallen off & some of the older members have probably noticed the lack of responses from me. I bought a 97' Z71 in September cause I got a super deal on it & wanted a truck for winter. No more rainy day or winter driving for the TA finally after 7yrs. Add in the craziness from work lately & my time has been limited. but alas, with spring knockin on my door I'm about to knock the dust off the TA (which hasnt been driven a single day since I bought the truck, LOL) & start back with parts I have laying around.

Interior, yippee. I'm droppin all my custom plans, too much BS & money & I'm getting older now so less is more to my eye now days. I got a new TA bezel I'm gonna toss on white MacEwen overlays with & call it good. I'll be selling my current bezel with the metal overlay on it for cheap once its out. Also right before I bought the truck I scored a interior deal I couldnt pass up. I got a mint Ebony dash with air bag, sail panels, trunk panels, hatch panels & pillars for under $600. so no more fighting the glue & wrapping pieces. Its all gonna be OEM Ebony. I also got a new white faced tach to replace my old one with.

So far I have already installed the sail/trunk panels. Next up is the dash & after getting the old wiring harness out of it, I'm not looking forward to this swap. It was a serious bitch to get the old out without the dash being in the car, so any tips anyone has who has done this swap would be GREAT. I found a good write up on here & printed it off but any extra sneaky tips would be nice.

I'm also gonna install my 5.0 Pro finally & I got a set of the drilled/slotted rotors from Brakemotive months ago that are still boxed up waiting to go on. Once I get some cash for tires I also have a set of DD C5 machined in 18x9/18x10.5 I have been sitting on, LOL. My paint looks like death but its cosmetic, interior being nice is mandatory, mechanically sound comes next with paint final.

That being said since last time I was on here I also did some work to the bird. I was chasing a fuel problem that ended with this list of parts, LOL:

new vette O2's
new valve cover gaskets (cause they were seeping bad)
new stock injectors
new plugs/wires
new MAF
LS6 intake
Racetronix fuel pump
new fuel filter

Besides needing a new clutch/Tick master & fluid change its running great right now. Not too shabby for a 180k mile stock bottom LS1. I know I'll get slapped for this but I'm also still runnin around on my stock tune without any knock on 87, LOL. Been rockin it like this for 80k miles without a single issue but I would like to get it tuned.

I'll post more later as I make progress & try to find more time to get back on here. I miss you guys & workin on my car. Feel like I have missed out on alot of stuff around here in the last 6 months, lol. Guess I'll stop typing now since its already a damn novel, just wanted to say I'm BACK finally & will help where I can like usual. Everyone have a great day!!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics please
Old 03-28-2012, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in Tulsa area, Ive got a 99 camaro ss im doing full ebony swap on right now along with full umi under the car and a wire tuck. pm me if you might need help
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like a plan glad your back in business
Old 03-29-2012, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by shane_ss
Im in Tulsa area, Ive got a 99 camaro ss im doing full ebony swap on right now along with full umi under the car and a wire tuck. pm me if you might need help
Cool, thankx.

After posting this before leaving work last night I really got to thinking and made myself a little list of stuff I'd like to get done by Fall. Then when I got home I came around the bend in our driveway & saw her, my fist thought was look at that sexy bitch. I jumped outta the truck, hoped in the TA, turned the key & nothing, LOL. Damn battery so dead I got nothing, not even a ding or chime, LOL. This weekend I'm gonna give her a bath.

Here is my little list:

swap in Ebony dash & dash pad
swap in Ebony hatch trim
swap in Ebony a-pillars
Redline shift boot/e-brake/console top kit
MacEwen white overlays with new TA bezel
install line lock
install 3.73 gears
Tick master
Diamond Stage 2 clutch with new GM slave
new Patriot dual springs (mine currently have 80k miles on them, LOL)

I'd also like to get new seat covers but thats a good chunk of change better saved for bonus time, lol.

Here is the latest pic I have & it might have already been posted a while back. Its back on stock wheels now & I sold the drag wheels. I'm goin more towards ride now. Once I get it tuned & toss a 150 on it that'll be fast enough for me. I'll make a couple track passes every now & then but its mainly a street car I wanna be able to enjoy.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good tasteful choice of mods!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice to see you back!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Then when I got home I came around the bend in our driveway & saw her, my fist thought was look at that sexy bitch.
And i thought it was your wife
Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Nice to see you back!
Thankx, man you got a Vette now, nice.

Originally Posted by vikingramair
And i thought it was your wife
LOL, I say that about her too but usually she isnt waiting in the driveway when I get home, LOL

Quick Reply: Been a while boys...