Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SS hood

Old 03-25-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SS hood

Who sells a good aftermarket SS hood? I want it OEM looking one that fits really well. Maybe an OEM can I still buy a real one some place?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oem will be the only one to fit like oem. Vfn made bigger than normal SS style hood and I have heard good things about their products. When it comes down to it aftermarket doesn't fit like oems do.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

My brother and I both bought hoods locally from this shop:http://www.fiberpartsconcepts.com/1273634.html

The quality is great and the fitment is perfect on both hoods. The owner of this shop used to be a contracted guy to build the slp hoods for the early f-body firebirds. His ss camaro hoods are almost identical to the originals and have the airbox inlay and everything. Its not a bad drive from NY and you could save on shipping.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

^^Do you have any pictures to share so we can see how great the hoods fit^^

I have a OEM SS hood and it fits like a glove. I promise you that no aftermarket hood will fit as good as OEM. If I were you, I would save a little more money and keep your eye out for a OEM hood. It is worth the extra money and the wait! Even the slightest fit issue on a aftermarket hood is pretty noticeable and displeasing to the eye IMO...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SS hood