Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am custom "grills" opening?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trans Am custom "grills" opening?

I've searched many of the Trans Am photoshopped/etc. threads for front bumpers. They primarily focused on changing that area with the openings on the turn signal/vent on the sides, and only time I saw something as far as an actual cutout grill was the E-1 bumper.

Does anyone have any sketches or ideas for an actual grill opening WHILE keeping the stock side turn signal/vent area normal? I can't seem to sketch up (or even compare other vehicles) a grill that would still look normal. I'm thinking of a one piece opening instead of a split so that the front license plate can be bolted to the opening still.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Couple ideas.

So here we have a regular Trans am (not mine, and if someone more skilled wants to use it to photoshop my ideas).

Mazda RX8 small grill opening:

I'd like to see two versions. One with it how it is on the RX8 with the wide side on top, and then another with the bottom having the wider portion (so flipped).

This custom GX8 bumper opening:

Oh and call it insane, but the '98-'02 Camaro grill opening?

Last edited by Firebird Phoenix; 04-09-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: To add the Camaro picture.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php...ictureid=74532
I posted that sometime back and got flamed for the idea. Just a heads up I don't claim to be an artist.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by theskitztikwon
I posted that sometime back and got flamed for the idea. Just a heads up I don't claim to be an artist.
I like it. Looks similar to what I was saying with the G8 above and it's opening and on a T/A except I see you got rid of the side stock split turn signal/vent area, but none the less still looks good. Now if someone could photoshop all these so we could have a more realistic looking version..
Old 04-11-2012, 01:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by theskitztikwon
That actually looks pretty good. But looks like it eliminates fog lights.
It may look more realistic with paint. And adapt use of camaro foglights and side markers.
Clean up the sketch. Add some paint and build in the camaro foglights and side markers.
As it is now. It looks incomplete and rough sketch. I would actually consider a bumper like that for my ta. Draw in a big fmic in the grille opening too
Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the complimentsand yes it was just a rough sketch as for I really just can't draw any better as far as the fog lights I was thinking have them behind a grill or do the camaro lites like stated. If someone wants to take that and do a better sketch or photoshop that would be cool
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Launching!

BUMP so can anyone do all these photoshops?
Old 06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Can anyone do the G8 main opening in the middle of the bumper on the T/A one with still keeping the T/A side marker grille area? Basically eliminating the license plate filler/fog lights on the T/A area.

Quick Reply: Trans Am custom "grills" opening?