Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SINISTER build (update 2/8/13)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome work... can't wait to see more finished pics.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dayum....picking jaw up from ground. In my dreams I could only do this. Keep going Man!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:06 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't worry guys it's still going. I've got a ton to do still, so I havent updated. But I will very soon. Stay subscribed. The build will likely hit a steep hill in getting finished due to my daughters birth, but I'll keep truckin.
Cheers
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Teching In

I spent a good deal of time going through this build thread and there were times when I hated you because of the enormous amount of jealousy and envy that was brewing up...

Of course by the time I was finished reading and checking all the pics out for the second time I was able to put all of that aside.

Very nice work Sir, keep it up and best of luck!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Good lookin car man, goin to look bad *** when it's done..
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow!! This build is insane! Cannot wait to see the final product!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

wow! very nice!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

that is one sexy engine!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 AM
scj
TECH Addict

As for an update. It's not much. But a few steps closer.

The engine bay is proving to be a real challenge, and anyone brave enough to tackle a job like this deserves major kudos. It's kickin my ***, so it's not much. But it's coming along at an alarming slow rate. Here's a bit though.

I've been trying to get as much knocked out as possible for a cheaply as possible since I've got my little girl coming in 8 weeks. Fear not, I'm not skimping out on anything though. I contacted the Merv and had him convert my ls harness to plug and play for my car being a 97. Major props to the merv for tackling this. It came back looking good, but since I wanted to cover it in powerbraid I had it left unloomed so I could wrap it up with powerbraid. The power braid is on order and should be here this week, so I'll have it wrapped up and on the motor in no time. For now this is what it looks like. Picture courtousy of the Merv.

I haven't been completely out of work to do though. I managed to get the majority of my complete engine bay wire tuck out of the way. Made my fuse box, ignition coil, bcm, and Ecu mounting setup as well ground and power studs for accessory power and ground. It may not be the cleanest, but it should do the job no problem. And it's behind the dash, lol. I've still gotta extend my headlight, running, and blinker wires as well as fan wiring, but the dash is in and the car "works!"

On another topic, a friend of mine had his s2000 hood cut for venting by a "shop" and the results were less than appealing. I ending up completely reworking the cuts and was really ecstatic about the end results. Not my cup of tea, but it looks pretty sweet and is really popular in the s2k scene.

Don't mind the front bumper. He bought the car like that. A stocker is going back on.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats the dumbest thing ive ever seen done to an s2k. To be honest ive yet to see one with that. I've seen civics with it and stuff.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:00 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by adamantium
Thats the dumbest thing ive ever seen done to an s2k. To be honest ive yet to see one with that. I've seen civics with it and stuff.
Lol. It's pretty popular on s2ki. Like I said not my cup of tea, but I was simply fixing a terrible job done by a shop. If it was my car that wouldn't be the case.

Before hand the cuts werent straight, and not one corner had even remotely close to the same radius.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

keep up the great work man. turning out really nice so far.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:13 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Managed to get some of the wiring for the tuck started. Since the entire engine bay harness/ fuse box is now inside the car. The headlights, blinkers, fogs, and fans have to be extended/ rerouted out of the engine bay. This is the start of all that wiring/ routing. Result will be virtually no wires in the bay except the engine harness.

I also managed to get the engine harness all loomed up in powerbraid. Hardly any of it is visible once installed, the portions that are visible really clean up the look of wiring on an engine vs. the factory loom.

The car will be fully wired in the next week, maybe sooner. Then I've gotta get some elbow grease on the engine bay to get that project complete.

Stay tuned.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Diggin it. Nice work!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Love the powerbraid. Definitely going to be getting the kit from painless for the wife's harness. She will love it. Really cleans up the bay.

James
Old 07-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks gud man.keep up the gud work
Old 07-14-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At least the majority of the sanding appears to be done. Looking forward to the progress pics, it looks fantastic so far.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Looks fantastic! I missed it but where did you get the valve covers? Looks like they have inlets for vents?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Diggin it. Nice work!
Thanks, now stop scrolling through my thread and finish that beast of
Yours! I don't wanna give you any good and furtherly time consuming ideas for your ride.
Originally Posted by TypeSL2
Love the powerbraid. Definitely going to be getting the kit from painless for the wife's harness. She will love it. Really cleans up the bay.
James
yeah, it's a nice touch to the parts of the harness that are actually seen.
Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Looks fantastic! I missed it but where did you get the valve covers? Looks like they have inlets for vents?
Inlets for vents? Lol. No vents. They're nasty performance covers. Your car looks fantastic. If I were going for the drag look, my car would look exacltly like yours. Perfect everything!

I managed to get the majority of the body harness modification finished. I've just gotta figure out how to wire my fan so it works like factory. The hi/low beam headlights, blinkers, fog lights and running lights are all wired, and functioning correctly after chasing down a couple grimlins it's all working. (I had my blinker wires crossed, the fronts were blinking opposite sides at first lol)
I got it all tied up to the inner fender and looking clean.

On another aspect of clean, I got a couple of hours to rinse off the filth on the car from sanding, and when I go back at it next time I'll cover the car with a plastic drop cloth to prevent having to do this so often. The garage floor got a good cleaning too.

I've gotta wires some extensions for the coil harnesses, a couple wires to having my custom courtousy lighting, and some wiring for my speaker/ amp and I'll be done and pretty burnt out on wires.. More to come. Stay tuned.

Ps. Anyone know what the male/female coil harness plugs are called? I wanna make a plug and play extension rather than cutting and splicing a bunch of wires.

Also, it's about time i put a damn windshield in this thing. 86 handmade windshields..

Quick Reply: SINISTER build (update 2/8/13)