Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

RK Sport stuff and other add ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK Sport stuff and other add ons

Sorry yall, I thought I had the pics. of the new RK Sport add ons. It has the 5in. spoiler and the Sports Back. I got the KR-S side skirts back that I had for my 2000 Super Charged GT. Take a look and send me some feed back.
Attached Thumbnails RK Sport stuff and other add ons-002.jpg   RK Sport stuff and other add ons-004.jpg   RK Sport stuff and other add ons-005.jpg   RK Sport stuff and other add ons-006.jpg   RK Sport stuff and other add ons-007.jpg  

Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Not my cup of tea... that's for sure...

Last edited by UnVMySS; 04-26-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you like it that's all that matters. I will keep my mouth shut.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Sweet Jesus. Lord All Mighty. My eyes are bleeding.....
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

Personally, I've always thought side skirts without the rear and front lip looks like a half *** job. The side skirts look good (aside from not fitting perfectly) but it looks incomplete. I suppose thats what you get from putting parts that were made for another car on one it doesn't belong on. Also, why did you paint the sport back white? If it was painted black to match the sail panel it wouldn't look so outa place.... good effort but I think if you stood back and really thought about your direction you could have pulled this off better than you did.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, get rid of the skirts and paint the hatch piece
Old 04-27-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Side skirts would look good with my CME, where did you get them?

Edit: So those skirts are off a Mustang? If so that leaves the aftermarket wide open in terms of GFX, mustangs have a million to choose from.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The white hatch piece right behind the black sail panel looks... awkward. I'd either make the hatch black or the sail panel white.

The car needs something on at least the rear bumper but probably also the front to make the skirts work, IMO. But I'm generally not a fan of kits like that on these cars anyway...
Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 AM

Default As in one I just started.

Look at what I started with. Like it was said side skirts dont match without work on the nose and rear. But like I said this is one I just started! I put them on today, as far as fitting there is no more than 1/32 any where they fit to to the body, other than the front fenders. They are not tied in because the whole front cap is being updated to the newer LS1 cap, I already have the highrise cowl hood with the Z28 scoop that will take care of the front. As for the rear I dont know yet, Ill do something custom I hope its not to 1/2 *** for some of you because I like doing ALL my own work. I dont like pulling up to a light looking over and seeing a car just like the one im driving. As for the Sport Back the whole point of having and painting it like that is so it doesnt look like everyone and their brothers pithed out back glass that would defeat the whole change. Besides with the t-tops and the back glass that does come OUT its not far from riding in a convertable. The Sport Back was made after the 60s&70s Sting Ray when was the last time you saw a Sting Ray with the top painted black and not the color of the car? I thought the whole point of having a custom car was for it to be custom! Someone asked where side skirts came from they are through Duraflex they have huge web site. On these there was a lot of cutting and remolding no big deal. Unlike one comment this is what you can do if you really stand back think about what your doing you can pull it off. Bolt ons are for pussies! The sail panel will be taken care when the whole car is repainted just trying to get all the updates done. Mainly wanted to get new stuff jammed and color on it working with fiberglass after a new install with custom work there is always something to be redone the finale paint will cover everything. Oh forgot one thing the side skirts fit better on the Z by the time i got done than they did on the GT.
Attached Thumbnails RK Sport stuff and other add ons-006.jpg   RK Sport stuff and other add ons-img_0121.jpg  

Last edited by GWHITE; 04-27-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

I love it when someone posts pics and asks for feed-back, when feedback is given they get their feelings hurt. LOL

Look, I'm not knocking you on what you're doing - it just looks incomplete and half-assed. If it's not finished then more power to you. You never indicated in the first post that this WASN'T the final product and based on what was shown, it looks sloppy. Keep us updated if it's going to get better. The side skirts don't look like they fit. Sorry. If they fit worse on the GT then I feel bad for that GT. And yes, I know the story of the sport back, I wanted one way back in the day and if I hadn't bought an actual convertible would probably have it. But painting it white when the sail panel is black is just too much of a contrast and again - makes it look incomplete. The wheels look good and I had that spoiler. Again - just my opinion, however my opinion seems to be in the majority so it must hold some water don't you think?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it would look better once the the sail panel is also white.

And if it is a WIP then that makes sense. As mentioned, you might want to state up front that something is a WIP otherwise people will assume that it is done (as is quite obvious in this thread heh).
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

White sail panel will make the back flow better. I like those hatch replacements actually.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the spoiler, if you paint the hatch black it will look better
Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 PM

The car is incomplete the only work done has been replacing the fuel pump took about 20 min. start to finish. Then the painted parts. The cars been in storage sence 2009. NO feelings hurt, half *** is another thing. But anyway plan to keep the updates still coming. Oh forgot trading wheels.
Attached Thumbnails RK Sport stuff and other add ons-camaro-side-skirts-004.jpg  

Last edited by GWHITE; 04-27-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whatever floats your boat....
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GWHITE
Bolt ons are for pussies! Oh forgot one thing the side skirts fit better on the Z by the time i got done than they did on the GT.
Wow. I wasn't gonna be a dick but that bolt on comment was ******* stupid. You're clearly just some teenager with an undeveloped taste. The side skirts fit horribly. Just look at the picture behind the front wheel well, it doesn't even reach the front wheel well area. They're too short, and look retarted especially without front and rear skirts. The sport back hatch is hideous. The exhaust tips are interesting though. All in all I think the direction you're headed is similar to this guy...

Sorry again for being blunt; but after those comments you made it deserved it lol
Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GWHITE
The car is incomplete the only work done has been replacing the fuel pump took about 20 min. start to finish. Then the painted parts. The cars been in storage sence 2009. NO feelings hurt, half *** is another thing. But anyway plan to keep the updates still coming. Oh forgot trading wheels.
No feelings hurt? Well if bolt ons are for pussies perhaps I am one. You want the real truth. The car looks like ****. Your innovative ideas ruined what could have been a decent looking car. Try again when you finally develope common sense and TASTE.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
Not my cup of tea... that's for sure...
Me either....Back hatch, spolier, and side skirts are horrendous...and the car looks seriously raked w/ the mismatched wheel/tire sizes.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM

This car think is the 12th or 13th camaro I have own. I have never lost any money one except one it was sold to a friend,so he would leave me alone about it. I have been working on my Camaros for about 20 years I like the way they turn out. And in turn the new owners must have too. I had a guy make his 2nd visit this week to talk me out of the car for $5.000 not worth it to me, and good money but id like to finnish some other ideas. Must be doing something right.
Attached Thumbnails RK Sport stuff and other add ons-camaro-side-skirts-004.jpg  

Quick Reply: RK Sport stuff and other add ons