Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Z06 Seats in 1998 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Z06 Seats in 1998 Camaro

So I was wondering if I buy a pair of Z06 seats with the Corvette rails, could I just bolt them down. Thats all I really need to know. Google searches aren't helping, and Im not really one of those guys that like to make their own stuff, so building or fabricating my own rails is out of the question unless is is very easy. Saw several threads on here, but no real explaination on how exactly.

Last edited by PNW Z28; 05-13-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Teching In

They won't fit perfectly. The front part can bolt down, the rails of the vette seats are longer.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 PM

What if I were to just tap and drill a hole into my floor, after checking what is directly under, and just bolt it right there? I plan on doing a rear seat delete anyway so room in the back is not an issue.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They really aren't any better for lateral support than stockers and are ugly IMO. Unless you have some practically given to you, you're better off just going aftermarket. 6LE has some great seats for sale that look much better, perform much better, and are new for about the same price you'd spend on a set of used C5 seats.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by justin455
They really aren't any better for lateral support than stockers and are ugly IMO. Unless you have some practically given to you, you're better off just going aftermarket. 6LE has some great seats for sale that look much better, perform much better, and are new for about the same price you'd spend on a set of used C5 seats.
I actually love the red/black ones, and look wise will make the car look amazing as I have an entire red/black theme going on. I find them a tad bit more comfortable, but I mainly like the look. Might look into those seats you were talking about, maybe they have a look I like. I got a fairly good price on ones that were in almost perfect condition, 500 bucks and they come with the rails.

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 Seats in 1998 Camaro