Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

High Definition car products **UPDATE with review**

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High Definition car products **UPDATE with review**

Been reading over on Autopia and there is a guy named Thomas who is saying these HD products are all the rage.

Anyone over here used them?

I seen some of this guys work and I was honestly blown away. When we talked through IM every product I said was pretty good he said was either a dated product or wrong for what I was wanting. IS he pushing merchandise or are the mods over there objective and non bias?

He told me that of everything on the market right now that this stuff cannot be beat. I am needing to re up on some things, should I pull the trigger wondering if you guys have use any of the Duo, speed, ect.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 06-14-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Noones heard of or used any of the 3d car care products? The HD line is fairly new but what about 3d in general?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen some of their products, I never got a chance to use any of it though. I worked at a detail shop up until last week, the owner ordered a few boxes of HD 3D pads and polish for us to try a couple weeks prior to that, but like I said I never got around to using it. Seemed like the guys that did use it got good results though, never heard any complaints from anyone.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One concept comes to mind, Boutique products.

But everyone is going to have their "system" that they like. If I were to invest, it would be for my personal car, nothing for any biz or at least I would have to factor in the cost. They have a opti-guard type system called Nitro Seal and for like 60$ it can do two medium sized sedans or assuming one large SUV.

I am sure its killer stuff and results will be nothing but spectacular, just have a hard time buying when the other guys have stepped up their game. Seems like once a product comes out, other companies have something compariable, if not exactly the same.

Meguiar's called it Hydrophobic Technology, bout 4-5 years ago, no almost all brands have something on that level avalible.

Just a hobbyist opinion on that subject but let us know if you buy and try it out.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I too have read a lot of great things about that product line. I'm skeptical too. HD does seem to have a good following on Autopia. I'm thinking about trying the HD UNO as a all in one compound but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The video of the guy doing that BMW was impressive however the problem I had with it was they didn't bother to turn the light on that was above the car till half way through the correction process.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

They work plain and simple seen it with my own 2 eyes in person the GM of 3D did a demo for us. Simple and fast.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I placed a small order last night I will make a thread with before and after pictures when they come in.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

A guy at my work who just bought a 5gal. of 3D final touch dry wash. His car is usually garage kept and says he's been using it for a few years with excellent results. He claims he wasn't wash his car in year since using the stuff. He gets a killer discount so I also bought some to try out.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Final Touch is a great QD but I dont know if I'd want to use a QD as a dry wash tho.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty sure that is specifically what HD Free is for if I recall.

Did you hear anything about that backing plate today?
Old 05-26-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I'm pretty sure that is specifically what HD Free is for if I recall.

Did you hear anything about that backing plate today?
Yup HD Free is a waterless car wash, and sorry when I finally got time to call they were closed. Going to call Tuesday
Old 05-26-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I had some light to medium dust that's been on the car for about 3 weeks. So I blew off the heavy dust (not particles of dirt) with compressed air and then swept off the rest with the Car duster. I then used the 3D final touch dry wash using a microfiber towel on my hood and all I can say is that was simply too easy to get the desired results.

98% of the time I wash my own cars so I've tried many of the retail store products over the years from Maguires to internet only Zaino. All are great products but time consuming to get good results.

HD recommends using their 3D dry-wash along with a clay-bar for lubrication instead of its product. As a first time user of the stuff I think I'll be trying out more of their products.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Have you tried to ask Jeff or GoFast? I'm sure he either has or hasn't and may even have some first hand experience with it.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure who jeff is? Are GoFast and Jeff the same person?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Yup thats Jeff
Old 06-14-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Product review - HD Speed (polish/sealant)

First off I'm sorry I don't have and pictures.

However, here are my thoughts from using it this past weekend.

I was using the Green flat HD light cutting pad on my PC.

Prepped the car (foam gun, 2 bucket wash, clay, 2 bucket, dry)

The product smells really good first off. I like to use the Junkman's "slow cut method" search it on Youtube is want to know more about it. I put the product on the pad, mist it with HD Touch then spread it across the area I will be working.

The product spreads very easily, and removes just as easy. In fact that's what I liked about it most was how easy it removed; even after it had flashed and was starting to harden (more about this later).

The "slow cut method" involves working the product down on speed 4 with no pressure, mist pad with detail spray, another pass on 4 with no pressure, mist speed 5 with no pressure, mist again then speed 6 with pressure.

My car has some light to moderate swirling in the paint. This was from constantly covering and un-covering it while it was taken apart in my car port a year ago (yes I know i'm just now getting around to polishing it). I was very surprised how good the light cutting pad and HD Speed did on my paint. Just after one pass (when I say pass I mean all 4 steps) It got rid of almost all the swirl marks. I'm pretty certain that if I had opted to make another full pass it would have removed all the swirls from the clear coat. I didn't because this was really just to try out the new product and I only did a few fenders.

I feel like it fills its place in the product line perfectly as a AIO polish/sealant. It finished down to a nice shine nicely. This would be a great choice for someone who does not need to compound or simply doesn't have the time to do a full cut/polish/seal.

Part of the reason I described the SLM above was to give you an idea of how long I am working the product because the one downside I see with HD Speed is that it flashed a bit quickly for process. Now it was a bit humid outside so this could have been the reason for this I don't know. The more I use it, the better I will get an idea of how long I can work it before it needs removal.

All in all I am really pleased with all the HD products. The detail spray smells great and really out shines the Meguires that I had a few bottles of laying around for when I clay. The HD pad I really liked as well. When I was cleaning the pad I felt that the backing was very secure and I didn't feel I had to worry with it coming loose from the pad when it got wet.

I do plan to polish my car again and do the whole thing in a few weeks, I will try my best to get pictures this time around.

Quick Reply: High Definition car products **UPDATE with review**