Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Couple of detailing questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of detailing questions

I'm looking at getting some cleaners for my car, and I have a couple of questions. I have a 2000 WS6.

First question, what is the interior, is it actually leather or is it vinyl?

2nd, I have the "high polish" factory wheels. What are they? Polished aluminum? chrome? what? The reason I ask is because I want to get some of the Meguiars Hot Rims, and they have 3 different kinds. one for chrome, one for factory coated aluminum, and one for uncoated aluminum and powder coated. What would work best for the rims I have?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-detailer.html
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Your answers can be found here in this section but quickly answering your questions: #1; Yes, they are leather, just cheaper type leather. Since you mentioned Meguiar's, they make a decent leather care product that you spray on and wipe off with a clean towel. About $7 or so, and cheaper when on sale. I use it every few months and the results are very satisfactory. #2; Polished aluminum. I have them on my GT, and again, Meguiar's makes a product that is safely designed to use on them. Afterwards I use a spray wax to protect the wheel. Just don't spray too heavy and get the brakes 'waxed' by accident.

Quick Reply: Couple of detailing questions