Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Firebird Door Panels into a Camaro?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird Door Panels into a Camaro?????

I keep searching for the how-to and I'm coming up with nothing. Some people say its not worth the effort, some say its simple.

What has to be done? I know the switches are plug and play, but the mirror isn't and needs to be rewired.

So if anyone has the how-to thread or knows what has to be done let me know

Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was thinking of doing the opposite since the camaro panels dont have the issue with cracking.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pseudonym
I was thinking of doing the opposite since the camaro panels dont have the issue with cracking.
I don't care about the cracking, if they crack I will epoxy them, my door panels look like **** IMO.

I'll sell the camaro panels after I fit the bird panels in, but they are tan and I don't know if they would even sell because of that
Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pseudonym
I know there was an article of a shop that modified some brackets inside the doors which eliminated the stress in that section prevented cracking. Gotta look for it again
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hiram007
I know there was an article of a shop that modified some brackets inside the doors which eliminated the stress in that section prevented cracking. Gotta look for it again
If you find it post it up
Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was going to do this but......after reading about what a pain in the *** it is to rewire the door switches because they are not interchangeable I decided against it. Good luck though, let us know how hard it was.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1121
I was going to do this but......after reading about what a pain in the *** it is to rewire the door switches because they are not interchangeable I decided against it. Good luck though, let us know how hard it was.
The only thing thats a PITA is the mirror control. The window switches are plug and play. And honestly once my mirrors are adjusted I don't mess with them so if the electric controller doesn't work I really don't mind
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Just take off the felt/window thing that's on the top and reseat it with something that will let the plastic expand in the heat. That should prevent those famous door cracks. There's a post on here somewhere where a guy used paperclips. I did that with mine and it works pretty damn well.

Quick Reply: Firebird Door Panels into a Camaro?????