Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Revamped my engine bay a little bit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Revamped my engine bay a little bit.

Hey guys I recently was on a mission to clean up my engine bay a bit from when I first bought the car it needed a little TLC under the hood appearence wise. I added a few items and got rid of a few things but overall I think it is looking better. Please share your opinion. The first picture is how it was when I first bought it then below it shows how it came along.

When I first picked it up...

How it looks now..

Added the Stainless FAST hardware kit for the intake and the EGR plate from YoFAB

Re-painted the FAST letters on the intake that were faded with snap on tool box paint that came with my box haha. Looks good IMO

Added the FAST fuel gauge simply for looks, Ive always been a fan of the rail pressure gauges on the older muscle so I wanted to add it here..

And last picture of of the PCM cover from third shift studios. I also have a head plate coming from them but havent recieved it just yet.

Last edited by 95LTXZ28; 07-17-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good, one more thing you could do is run the harness shown in the last pic under the fender to give it a cleaner look. You have to drill a hole in the fender well but im not sure of the exact size to fit the connectors thru. I think it is a pretty common mod and Im sure someone on here can advise you what size hole and best location. I can post a pic of how it looks after mod if your intrested
Old 07-17-2012, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rck2004
Looks good, one more thing you could do is run the harness shown in the last pic under the fender to give it a cleaner look. You have to drill a hole in the fender well but im not sure of the exact size to fit the connectors thru. I think it is a pretty common mod and Im sure someone on here can advise you what size hole and best location. I can post a pic of how it looks after mod if your intrested
I was thinking about doing this but I thought the harness had to be lengthened?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Launching!

I would also do the tcs relocation
Old 07-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95LTXZ28
I was thinking about doing this but I thought the harness had to be lengthened?
The harness does not have to be lengthened. here is a pic of mine after mod

Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

The harness does not have to be lengthened. here is a pic of mine after mod

How do you go about doing this then? Pretty interested, you can pm me if you wish. That looks great!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

You will have to remove the passenger plastic inner fenderwell and the tire and carfully drill a hole close to the PCM location toward the back of the well. I think there is a minimum hole size you have to drill to fit the connectors thru. If the hole is too small you wont be able to route the plugs thru. best way to do it is take a piece of wood or something you can drill through and test fit the connectors untill you figure out the minimum size hole you can get away with. once you have the hole drilled unplugg you harnesses and reroute under the back side of fender and reconnect there might be one or two wires that dont plug in at that location but you can track them down and unplugg at the source. also you will have to relocate the ground to underneath by the front . Its pretty easy. when finished reverse the clips and install from underneath reinstall plastic and wheel.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Looks a lot better OP!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

OP: Google "wire mod" write up or search it on here. Also, the minimum size is 3/4", but most go with 1.5" like I did. You'll want to purchase industrial grade velcro, some sort of wrapping for the wires(as they'll be exposed and only covered by a fender shield in the wheel well, and get a rubber grommet that will go on the hole that you drilled near the PCM. You'll have to relocate your grounds to underneath the battery also.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by idle
OP: Google "wire mod" write up or search it on here. Also, the minimum size is 3/4", but most go with 1.5" like I did. You'll want to purchase industrial grade velcro, some sort of wrapping for the wires(as they'll be exposed and only covered by a fender shield in the wheel well, and get a rubber grommet that will go on the hole that you drilled near the PCM. You'll have to relocate your grounds to underneath the battery also.
The grommet and wire wrap is very good info but there is no way in hell you will fit the connectors thru a 3/4 inch hole without cutting the wires.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

The grommet and wire wrap is very good info but there is no way in hell you will fit the connectors thru a 3/4 inch hole without cutting the wires.
IIRC, the 3/4" WAS the minimum with cutting. Thank you! I did 1.5"... perfect fit but took fooorrreeevvveerrr to cut with a pilot bit and electric drill!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

Looks a lot better
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Rck2004 Is that chrome plating on the lid and radiator support? I've been looking to do that please let me know how you got that done. Inwas going to get mine dipped but haven't got around to it.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1.5" hole is what i went with as well. definitely cleans up the look of the car. if you get the courage and want to deal with splitting wires, you can also do a wire tuck on the other side, hide the hood latch cable and flip the fuse boxes so they are hidden as well. there are a few members on here that have everything hidden. looks amazing when it is done, but can make you nervous fairly quickly

Quick Reply: Revamped my engine bay a little bit.