Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro to Firebird Dash Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro to Firebird Dash Conversion

I was wondering how hard it would be to transfer from a Camaro to a Firebird dash. The camaro is a 3.4 what all would be needed and what year would be best to use. Would it be any harder to wire up a 150 MPH speedometer vs. the 110. Also the door panels will the power window switch hook ups work correctly.. And also what about the monsoon stereo? Thanks for the help
Old 08-13-2012, 04:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried searching for results? I know there's been some that have done it but I can't remember what years and don't know if there are any write ups for it either.

I'm wanting to think there were some cutting and molding involved but like I said, I don't now 100% what was involved.

What has you wanting to put a Firebird dash in a Camaro, a LT body at that?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Have you tried searching for results? I know there's been some that have done it but I can't remember what years and don't know if there are any write ups for it either.

I'm wanting to think there were some cutting and molding involved but like I said, I don't now 100% what was involved.

What has you wanting to put a Firebird dash in a Camaro, a LT body at that?
I've looked at other threads about it and done some research but nothing that's really strait forward enough. I just like the firebird interior better.. or at least the dash and door panels I know the duct work needs to be changed over and some rewiring is needed but not sure exactly what all needs rewired or how hard it would be.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by scheuvront1993
I've looked at other threads about it and done some research but nothing that's really strait forward enough. I just like the firebird interior better.. or at least the dash and door panels I know the duct work needs to be changed over and some rewiring is needed but not sure exactly what all needs rewired or how hard it would be.
Gotcha. Since there is really nothing that's straight forward like your wanting, maybe it's time to try and experiment, . I mean in the end, it's a 3.4 LT body car so whether you do this or not, it's not gonna hurt the value of the car any way so why not have a little fun with it even though it is a V6. If it were a Z28 or SS, I would be sitting here trying to talk you out of if.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:33 PM

Gotcha. Since there is really nothing that's straight forward like your wanting, maybe it's time to try and experiment, . I mean in the end, it's a 3.4 LT body car so whether you do this or not, it's not gonna hurt the value of the car any way so why not have a little fun with it even though it is a V6. If it were a Z28 or SS, I would be sitting here trying to talk you out of if.
I'll probably just go with it but it'll probably be at least 3 or 4 months before I even get started. Low on funds right now. But if any one has tips to offer it would appreciated. And if anyone else on here has done this please post pics and let me know the biggest struggles you had with it. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by scheuvront1993; 08-14-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by scheuvront1993
I'll probably just go with it but it'll probably be at least 3 or 4 months before I even get started. Low on funds right now. But if any one has tips to offer it would appreciated. And if anyone else on here has done this please post pics and let me know the biggest struggles you had with it. Thanks a bunch.
Sorry I couldn't be much more help than I was. I guess I like the LS dash enough to not really care about swapping it out with a T/A dash.

I can say this much though, be careful, on here, if it's not a V8, you'll get bashed for it even if it is a car that you can have fun with and it still wouldn't hurt the resale value.

Good luck with it whenever you get down to actually doing it.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Sorry I couldn't be much more help than I was. I guess I like the LS dash enough to not really care about swapping it out with a T/A dash.

I can say this much though, be careful, on here, if it's not a V8, you'll get bashed for it even if it is a car that you can have fun with and it still wouldn't hurt the resale value.

Good luck with it whenever you get down to actually doing it.
don't worry about it really I was looking for a little encouragement as well. And yea I know people don't really care for the 6 cylinder, they don't have much power at all really, eventually I will put in an LT1 or better depending on budget but when I was looking at getting another Camaro or Firebird I was only looking at the 3.4 I was only going for '93 - '95 fbody's. Not sure why exactly I think I just like the challenge to build something better.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

IMO i would just save your money, its going to cost a ton of money and time to get it to fit. mostly 1000 in parts themselves if they are in good shape. also the 110-150 gauge is just an overlay you can replace and then you have to get it calibrated at a shop.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by my bandit
IMO i would just save your money, its going to cost a ton of money and time to get it to fit. mostly 1000 in parts themselves if they are in good shape. also the 110-150 gauge is just an overlay you can replace and then you have to get it calibrated at a shop.
Yea I know it's a lot of money $1000 is the exact figure I had in my head. That is a lot for a dash but the thousand was if I had to buy every single piece separably. For example the dash is just a shell and I had to buy the instrument cluster, glove box, lower trim pieces and everything. However I think maybe some of the stuff might change over which could probably save me as much as $300 or so. I think the glove box and some of the trim pieces will fit. But I think I could find a wrecked V6 bird for around $500 and that would be a lot easier and in that case I would just say hell with the 150 speedo.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

This is a rather interesting idea, I think it could be cool. I know I wish I had my old T/A's interior (RIP) in my Camaro. I loved that interior, but hey if you do decide to go with go at it 120 mph. Dont slow down or let anyone change your mind. Make it into what you want your the one driving it. Also go with a ls1 or 2.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by exodus_gs1
This is a rather interesting idea, I think it could be cool. I know I wish I had my old T/A's interior (RIP) in my Camaro. I loved that interior, but hey if you do decide to go with go at it 120 mph. Dont slow down or let anyone change your mind. Make it into what you want your the one driving it. Also go with a ls1 or 2.
I certainly won't be discouraged. I know the visual results will be worth it. Once I actually have the funds I'm going for it for sure.

Quick Reply: Camaro to Firebird Dash Conversion