Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Turn a Z28 into a SS 1994

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turn a Z28 into a SS 1994

I was wondering what would I need to do this other than the hood scoop also does a suncoast creations hood work with a K&N cold air intake also did the 96 SS have ZR1 rims
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do some research bud!!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hood,spoiler,wheels and emblems is you want
Old 08-19-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do not put the emblems on the car. It's so beyond tacky to badge a car an SS when it isn't one.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 6898camaross
Hood,spoiler,wheels and emblems is you want
This but don't do the emblems. Please.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
Do not put the emblems on the car. It's so beyond tacky to badge a car an SS when it isn't one.
Everbody attacks me whenever I say this..
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Teching In

I don't see how it's "tacky" to badge a car as an ss as long as its not some chrome aftermarket badges. it's all a matter of personal preference. although you would make an *** out of yourself if you claim to have a 94 ss

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Claiming your car as an SS is dumb imo. I would rather have a Z with SS stuff so at least people know you have some coin into the car
Old 08-20-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i fall into the same way of thinking as the bulk of the people so far, I see nothing wrong with doing everything that comes on an SS, but don't really understand putting the badges on. they're not really a cosmetic thing that makes the car look better or perform in any way better like the other SS "upgrades," so their pure function is to make the car appear as something its not, a factory SS car, that has the VIN, make #, etc to back it up... but its not. its a fake. hate to say it... but I feel the same way about the WS_ "insert random number here" badges. all they do is make it look like you have a WS6 from afar... kinda poserish... why not just go badgeless?

the allure of the WS6 and SS cars over base Z28's and T/A's is not simply their badge or upgrades, it's the more limited number aka exclusiveness/rarity compared to the others. that's why they're worth more and more desired. I dont car how many people go and paint their cars BPM, it doesn't make them anything special, in the way it is to be one of only a handful of true, factory optioned BPM cars. but at least a paint job, weather it be SOM or BPM or whatever less-popular color, at least that is done for its appearance, because you like the color, and not simply to "look" like something its not... be real, no one gets the SS emblems because they, in and of themselves "look"good, it's because they make the car "look" like an SS

but to each his own. everyone has their own opinion on this sort of thing. not trying to offend anyone with non-SS or WS6 cars that rocks SS or WS_ badges...

Last edited by crimson_bird; 08-20-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is a chicken and the egg discussion.

Does the Vin make a SS, or does the package of parts?

A 69 Camaro with a straight six..with a Z28 Vin is just a 6 cyl Camaro to me.
A 69 Camaro with a 302, 4 speed, and all the correct goodies...is a Z28 IMO.

Kinda crazy how cars are "locked at birth" by a code under the windshield.

IMO do what you want but be prepared for hell if someone discovers your "SS" is a 94.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

i say Cloning is part of the car world and has been for a long time, the only thing IMO is dont try to push it off as an SS...as in when/if you sell it and what not...mine is a 93 and i even have on my car show plaque its a SS Clone...no one cares and its mine...i also did a t-top conversion , does that make it not s real t-top also...i think if you bought your car and the VIN just happened to be a Z and not a SS (which is what they ALL started as) then have fun with it...AGAIN just dont try and push it off as an original..JMO
Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you wanted an SS you should have bought a damn SS. Every time I see some queef driving a v6 Mustang with Cobra badges I laugh and shake my head extra ******* hard.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny that it is said that ss cars are more rare. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that more ss cars were made in 02 than z28s. Having owned both z28s and ss cars my opinion has changed. Badge it how you want to. Watch any barrett Jackson and you will see the "clone" cars selling for almost as much as their original counter parts. As long as it's done right. Just acknowledge that its a clone. Let's be real, ss/ ws6 cars are not all that special. It is an apperance package with a slight performance advantage. So slight that most people choose to ditch the factory parts anyway.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssjason232
Funny that it is said that ss cars are more rare. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that more ss cars were made in 02 than z28s. Having owned both z28s and ss cars my opinion has changed. Badge it how you want to. Watch any barrett Jackson and you will see the "clone" cars selling for almost as much as their original counter parts. As long as it's done right. Just acknowledge that its a clone. Let's be real, ss/ ws6 cars are not all that special. It is an apperance package with a slight performance advantage. So slight that most people choose to ditch the factory parts anyway.
A classic clone is a lot different in value compared to a newer model clone. Rarity is what your paying for, old cars, clone or not, have rare parts. Making them more valuable. SS parts for the ls1 cars aren't very rare, so a clone wouldn't be worth as much as a real one.

When I bought my SS, I verified it as a real SS. If it werent, I wouldn't have paid for it what I did, bottom line. It's the real deal and I don't mind paying a little more for that. Personal preference, that's just mine. I have the SLP window sticker and birth certificate to go with it, just another piece of Camaro history. Def couldn't get that if it weren't a real SS.

And as far as more SS's in 02 than Z28s, that's not true. Way more Z's and SS's, just like every other year. (Although the LT1 SS is WAY rarer)

Just incase it isn't obvious, I'm with the "throw SS parts on it if you want, but don't try to fake it" crowd. But obviously it's your car, so do what you want.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

No I'm pretty sure 01 had more ss cars than z28s (like 11 more). I sold my z28 to get a ss but that was because I knew wouldn't be happy even with all the oem ss parts on mine that I wouldn't be happy knowing it wasn't real. So count me in to do what you want as long your not trying to tell people its real when they ask.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
This but don't do the emblems. Please.
Originally Posted by stevesfbody
Claiming your car as an SS is dumb imo. I would rather have a Z with SS stuff so at least people know you have some coin into the car
My best friend and I got in an argument about this. He had a 95 Z he wanted to make an SS clone. It got pretty serious. Why I don't know but it did.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

I agree with most. Copying one is fine. They do look good after all, but don't badge it. I think it's more of an authenticity thing than anything. Besides, you have so many badge options if you choose to do so. Emblem pros can make you some interesting z28 badges.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Not a big fan of clones, old or new. That being said, get the parts you want (hood,wheels,spoiler,etc...) Just call it what it is, a 94 Z28 that looks how you wanted it. Personally I'm a Z28 guy for the simple reason nothing else is a Z28 but a camaro. You drive an SS what...truck,camaro,nova,chevelle,cobalt,impala,tr ailblazer... And yes I know thats just a saying us Z28 guys came up with bc we suffer from "SS Envy". haha
Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

for giggles, put some RS badges.
would be fun. =]
Old 08-22-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Its like a hot girl with a nice rack, like in Mr.z/28 avatar haha but what if the bra comes off and the padding all falls out LMAOOO U MAD BRO? lol

You thought you had a Super Sport, but little did you know, it was a v6 the whole time

Quick Reply: Turn a Z28 into a SS 1994