Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Wiring fog lights so they don't flash when locking/unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring fog lights so they don't flash when locking/unlocking

I want to do HID fog lights on my Camaro, but I don't want them to flash when you lock or unlock the car with the key fob. I'm wondering how much of a PITA it would be to rewire the fogs, maybe hook them up so they come on with the headlights... is this even possible or would this just be asking for electrical problems?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Latch
I want to do HID fog lights on my Camaro, but I don't want them to flash when you lock or unlock the car with the key fob. I'm wondering how much of a PITA it would be to rewire the fogs, maybe hook them up so they come on with the headlights... is this even possible or would this just be asking for electrical problems?
Actually if you leave your fogs in the off position and lock/unlock your door they shouldnt go off. At least mine dont. I have stock fogs too.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by insidethreat07
Actually if you leave your fogs in the off position and lock/unlock your door they shouldnt go off. At least mine dont. I have stock fogs too.
Correct, mine is the same way, but I usually just keep them on all the time and I don't want to turn them on and off. Since HIDs take some time to warm up I just think it would look goofy if they flashed for just the second or so when you hit lock/unlock.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Latch
Correct, mine is the same way, but I usually just keep them on all the time and I don't want to turn them on and off. Since HIDs take some time to warm up I just think it would look goofy if they flashed for just the second or so when you hit lock/unlock.
I usually leave mine on the time. I kinda stumbled on the find. I had my fog lights off at night and locked my car. No fog lights lol. I was like wtf. Turn the fogs on, Locked doors, fogs came on. I was like never knew that lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

uh yep...just turn 'em off.

Not only they woud goofy as you said, pretty sure it 'd shorten their life span.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

You can also program them off. Owners manual tells you how. You can make it honk only, horn and lights or just lights. I turned them all off when I went to h.i.d.s so I could leave the fogs on.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
uh yep...just turn 'em off.

Not only they woud goofy as you said, pretty sure it 'd shorten their life span.
+1. That's what I do. I just cut them off when I turn off my lights.

Quick Reply: Wiring fog lights so they don't flash when locking/unlocking