Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I feel like my car is missing something...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I feel like my car is missing something...

Before you guys say it, I know it needs rims and a drop. But when I look at it I feel like its....incomplete.

I ordered some plastidip, niteshade, a new bowtie for the grille piece, and different corner lenses so maybe that will help. Tell me what you guys think, what I should add on to or what you would do from where I'm at.

Thanks.

Pardon the quality. I will try and get high-res pics after the next few mods I do.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Lower it of course, but I would say a black SLP grill, black corner lights, tint windows, berger panel and move the rear z28 emblem to under the taillights
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

No I think its just the rims and the drop.

And the side mirrors. It would look much better IMO red.

Just my .02.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's one of the highest f-bodies I have ever seen.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
No I think its just the rims and the drop.

And the side mirrors. It would look much better IMO red.

Just my .02.
Side mirrors need a repaint tbh. I might consider doing them red.

Windows are tinted and I have a spare black berger panel as well. I will plastidip that as well as my grille.

I was also considering black billet grille? Are they hard to install?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
when I look at it I feel like its....incomplete..
Before you guys say it, I know it needs rims and a drop
/thread. you already answered your question! lol, those two things will drastically change the look of the car. I'd go with the drop first. cheaper, and looks good on it's own. rims don't do too much for a 4x4 status car. Do the hater hose mod while waiting to do the other stuff though.

And I agree with the mirror thing. Camaro's look way better with body matched mirrors, due to the way they should flow with the fender.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

the huge difference a drop/rims can make: https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php...ab=2&ref=pw-pg

also, not much of a fan of the badges you did, only because your car is red. Unfortunately the "Z" blends in and all you see is the 28, looks kinda like the Z fell off. I'm sure it probably looks better in person, just looks that way in pics
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
the huge difference a drop/rims can make: https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php...ab=2&ref=pw-pg

also, not much of a fan of the badges you did, only because your car is red. Unfortunately the "Z" blends in and all you see is the 28, looks kinda like the Z fell off. I'm sure it probably looks better in person, just looks that way in pics
Yeah I noticed that with the emblems, however they look good in person. Oh well. I might try the heater hose mod but looks like next spring my car will look a lot different
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some random thoughts:
-I would do something with the exhaust tips... i.e. dual exhaust valance (6LE), CME (6LE), or dump them. The ones you have hang too low and just stand out too much IMO.

-Is the hood scoop open (functional I guess one could say) up front and/or in the rear? I can't stand hood scoops or cowls that are closed off...

-Change the "Z" on the Z28 badges back to black or maybe chrome.

-Change those front corner lights. Those circular amber reflectors look pretty out of of place and stand out too much. Clear corner lights look great as long as they don't have those reflectors in them.

-Paint the door handles and side view mirrors red to match the rest of the car.

-Upgrade headlights to projector style and perhaps look for some clear lenses for a more updated LS1-type look.

-One thing not noticeable when just looking at the car and not driving it would be the lighting. Perhaps upgrade the headlights to HIDs and maybe change all of your exterior bulbs, or at least the brake lights to LEDs for more vibrant color and an updated look...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Banned

Those 1993-1997 Camaros has the black door handles, and I never did like that. The car looks better if it's all one color, so to repeat what the others have already said paint the door handles and side mirrors to match the rest of the car. I would look into darker tint if you can, what's the tint % in your state?

The tips should also be redone, I'm kinda in the same boat, mine look similar to yours and I don't really like it. I'd prefer to the the CME exhaust if I could, but it's expensive.

Also, the centered bowtie and Z28 badge on the tail of the car kinda bugs me. You may like it, and others may, Idk, but it bugs me.

But like you already stated, biggest thing you need is better rims and a drop.

Also, what size are your tires?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good call on the door handles. I saw the side mirrors but missed the door handles.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To answer some questions I am changing the corner lenses to a black inside housing. 35% is max tint i n mass and my drivers side door has it but my passenger has 50% (idk why). I might paint the handles and mirrors but that would require removing the door trim and that's a real PITA. I will be starting a co-op job (I'm still in high school) on top of my normal job and I will end up using some of that money for a CME. Tax returns I will get rims. Hood scoop isn't functional which annoys me aswell but the hood came on the car so I can't complain too much. Tire. Sizes are 245/45 but new tires are coming in tomorrow. 245/50 size so I'm hoping it will fill in the wheels wells a little better. HIDs will be coming too. I hope after all of that it will look complete but everytime I look at a picture of my car it just looks....like it needs more. Only time will tell. Feel free to keep adding input such as rim suggestions, good lowering springs etc. Thanks

Oh and the shaved berger stays
Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trust me man you will always think something is missing, you will see it from a weird angle or think of something that would make it look better.

Part of the game we all play so have fun with it!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Before you guys say it, I know it needs rims and a drop.
This first
Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

18x9.5/19x10 black gloss spyders
a drop of course. haha.
smoked turn signals, satin black berger panel, mount bowtie and z28 emblem in their stock position, limo tint. that pretty much does it. =]
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock 5 spoke rims from a base trans am would even greatly help and that would be very cheap... thin spokes from a c5... Anything besides those.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tnmotown
Lower it of course, but I would say a black SLP grill, black corner lights, tint windows, berger panel and move the rear z28 emblem to under the taillights
This. Maybe without the black corner lights. I might be biased though

Good looking car!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nightshades sucks IMO, spend the 50-60 bucks and have the lenses painted at a body shop.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

paint the mirrors and door handles red

get some wheels, those wheels ruin the look of any lt1 style car and being painted black just makes them look even worse...especially with the non painted huge *** centercaps
Old 10-04-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Color match the mirrors and door handles. Wheels and drop as already mentioned a million times lol. Start there first, that'll make a huge difference there.

The other thing that comes to mind is the center part of the bumper is supposed to be black usually. Being body color makes it look odd IMO.

Also, don't tint the tail lights. Red lights on a red car look the best to me.

Quick Reply: I feel like my car is missing something...