Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino ???'s

Hey guys I'm seriously considering going to Zaino but have a few questions.

1. How hard is the system to use??
2. Does it need special attention such as applied in shade in clean room etc.
3. What do I need or should i get the kit.
4. I know it shines but does it also protect??

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, Zaino should only be used in those "special" occasions. For the price, and the inconvience of having to order it and wait for it to come, other waxes like Meguires and Mothers work just fine. I use Zaino maybe every two months, and Meguires every two weeks. I think I bought one of everything that they had. My favorite product is the Leather conditioner!!! It smells like real leather and that new car smell and lasts for days. I don't like the tire shine, it's not that shiny at all. The window cleaner is good stuff. Definitly get the clay bar or two, Z-2 and Z-5 polish, the wash soap if you really want it, I don't see how the washing soap can make the car look better...

I think it is very durable. I use it outside like normal, but I think it takes longer to dry than regular wax. I give it about 30 mins to dry in 75-80 degree weather. The "system" I think is a little harder to use. To use the polish, you need to mix it with this "ZFX" stuff that comes in a tiny bottle. You mix like four drops of it with 1 oz of polish. I don't know if it's required but I do it anyways. It comes with a little bottle to mix in that needs to be cleaned when you're done. Other than that, and the drying time, it's not too bad, and well worth it, every now and then.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used Zaino for a couple of years, but now use Meguiar's new NXT line of products. The Meguiar's is easier to apply, shines just as nicely, and seems to protect well. Perhaps the best thing about the NXT, though, is the fact that you can go to Wal-Mart and buy it for $8, so there are no shipping charges or wait times. And it's less of a hassle than having to mix Z2/Z5 with ZFX.

Speaking from my experience with both, I would strongly encourage you to go to the auto parts or department store of your choice and buy Meguiar's ColorX and NXT Tech-Wax.

Zaino:

NXT:

I just topped two layers of NXT with Meguair's #16 paste wax yesterday, and my car has never looked better.

Just my two cents.

Josh
Old 04-10-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Use Zaino for the longevity. Others may replicate the shine but nowhere near as long. Zainio is very durable and looks better with each additional coat. You won't see that with the other products.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use Zaino. takes a little time to dry, but you can remove it with such ease and leaves no chalky residue anywhere. Get the kit if you can afford it
Old 04-11-2004, 01:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With ZFX, you don't have to wait! That's the beauty of it. Depending on how quick you are, you could do a 3 coat job in 30 minutes!
Old 04-12-2004, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

With your color, i would use the nxt or something like it. my reason for this is
i have a black SS a dark blue ranger and my g.f has a silver neon.
i went nuts on all three cars, the silver neon did'nt give me the results that i
would consider spending the time or the money on the "good stuff".
from the raves on the nxt, might be the best option.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Launching!

I would have to say that I would use Meguiars NXT if I were you. I have a Dark Gray Metallic truck and the NXT was awsome on it. I also have a light silver Ford Focus (I know it's a Ford, but it get good gas mileage and I was driving 160 miles a day to work). With the light silver color you cannot see anymore swirls at all. The NXT worked wonders. I even examined it under the shop lights in my garage. I like the idea of the NXT being available in local stores and the price. Don't get me wrong, I have sen the results of Zaino and it is nothing but spectacular. I just think with the Sebring Silver you are not going to get the same results as people with black or red cars.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

I think I will try the Meguiars NXT I've been using their Gold Premium whatever wax

They do make some good stuff.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you want a great shine AND durability and protection, then Zaino is what you want, it is also easy to use. Ordering can still get to you in a couple of days or so. I've tried dozens of products for 35 years and been using Zaino for 6 years now, it is the best I've ever found.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin V 2002 SS
If you want a great shine AND durability and protection, then Zaino is what you want, it is also easy to use. Ordering can still get to you in a couple of days or so. I've tried dozens of products for 35 years and been using Zaino for 6 years now, it is the best I've ever found.
bah. you and your zaino guys. zaino is a product that's difficult (compared to other similar products) to attain and complicated (compared to others) to use properly. it is not the best wax out there by any means. the durability of zaino is about the same as the durability of nxt. nxt contains a micro abrasive which will actually hide swirls and scratches better than zaino - zaino only contains very highly reflective properties good for shine, and nothing else. nxt is not the best wax out there either.

there is a guy on here called superbuick. if you search and read any post by him about car polish, you will see he's not only tried about everything out there, but also knows what he's talking about. he will tell you that zaino is not the best product available.

i think everyone that always says "zaino is the best" should shut it, because most of the time, they've never given everything else a try. and if you haven't given everything else a try, you don't know if zaino is the best. it's kind of like getting an intake after hearing people say, "wow, i could feel such a power difference with this!" then you start saying it too, when in reality, you feel nothing, and instead are just using the psychological power of other's persuasion to convince you rather than you convince yourself. it's not until honest people, like josh, tell us that he doesn't prefer zaino. he's convinced himself what is best, and didn't let everyone else's opinion persuade him.

don't waste your time with zaino. i guarantee that if you use zaino on your car and then strip the zaino off and use nxt on your car immediately, you'll never see a difference, even if you take pictures. they are equally going to look the same. i say buy nxt until you decide to go further into the appearance rhealm, at which point give menzerna and a dual-action polisher a shot. but damn, it's your car, buy whatever the hell you want.

but it IS time to stop all of those people that criticize everything and praise only zaino, especially when they don't have any clue what the hell they are talking about. some people, like the above, have made up their mind. great. but there are so many others that don't have a clue, and just buy what they hear is best, and from then on, it IS the best, even if they've never tried another thing.

Last edited by tuffluck; 04-13-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tuffluck
bah. you and your zaino guys. zaino is a product that's difficult (compared to other similar products) to attain and complicated (compared to others) to use properly. it is not the best wax out there by any means. the durability of zaino is about the same as the durability of nxt. nxt contains a micro abrasive which will actually hide swirls and scratches better than zaino - zaino only contains very highly reflective properties good for shine, and nothing else. nxt is not the best wax out there either.

there is a guy on here called superbuick. if you search and read any post by him about car polish, you will see he's not only tried about everything out there, but also knows what he's talking about. he will tell you that zaino is not the best product available.

i think everyone that always says "zaino is the best" should shut it, because most of the time, they've never given everything else a try. and if you haven't given everything else a try, you don't know if zaino is the best. it's kind of like getting an intake after hearing people say, "wow, i could feel such a power difference with this!" then you start saying it too, when in reality, you feel nothing, and instead are just using the psychological power of other's persuasion to convince you rather than you convince yourself. it's not until honest people, like josh, tell us that he doesn't prefer zaino. he's convinced himself what is best, and didn't let everyone else's opinion persuade him.

don't waste your time with zaino. i guarantee that if you use zaino on your car and then strip the zaino off and use nxt on your car immediately, you'll never see a difference, even if you take pictures. they are equally going to look the same. i say buy nxt until you decide to go further into the appearance rhealm, at which point give menzerna and a dual-action polisher a shot. but damn, it's your car, buy whatever the hell you want.

but it IS time to stop all of those people that criticize everything and praise only zaino, especially when they don't have any clue what the hell they are talking about. some people, like the above, have made up their mind. great. but there are so many others that don't have a clue, and just buy what they hear is best, and from then on, it IS the best, even if they've never tried another thing.
Wow some real honesty. It's kind of refreshing to see a different opinion. I think I'll try the nxt and see how it goes.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

I have used NXT and really didn't like it. I have also used Zaino, S100, Wolfgang, etc.

It really doesn't matter what wax/sealant you use if you don't do proper prep work. With proper prep, the last step product only offers about 5% of what you are looking at. Learn how to do it right. It is a process, NOT a product.

Don't fall into the marketing trap of any product.

Here are a couple of pics of my current favorite, Wolfgang (with proper prep, of course ).

Last edited by ZaneO; 04-13-2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think I even need to say anything here - ZaneO put it perfectly.

There isn't a best product. Its not NXT, its not Zaino, its not Menzerna, its not zymol, its not wolfgang, and its not (fill in whatever you want here).

Its a process, not a product.

ZaneO - nice work on those cars in the pics - seems like as soon as you got hooked up on Autopia you've picked up a TON of great knowledge.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, Tom. When you led me to Autopia, I stayed on it for something like 3 weeks straight and absorbed all I could I still get on every day and read.

Last edited by ZaneO; 04-13-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Me too - I do ALOT of reading over there.

Quick Reply: Zaino ???'s