Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

trans am seats in a camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans am seats in a camaro

im sorry if this has already been answered, i couldn't find anything..

so the front seats in my camaro are ripped up and faded. so instead of having them recovered , i'm just going to get trans am seats. i have a few concerns though.

will they bolt right up? i'm pretty sure they will but, i just wanted to make sure before i go spend money on something big like this.

sorry again for the newbie type question,
Justin
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yes, the sliders & bolt places are the same in camaro & firebirds/formula/transams.

If the trans am seats are power and your camaro seats weren't then obviously they won't fully work.

I'm not sure if all electrical connections are same if your camaro had power seats also.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will 100% work and bolt up. You will need the crossover harness that runs from the passenger seat under the armrest and connects to the driver side to have them function properly. The air pump for the lumbar / side bolsters is located under the passenger seat and will not get power if you do not have this harness. I did this swap about 5 years ago and it pretty damn easy. A nice set of seats is getting harder to find these days. I paid $550 for my set with 10k miles on them.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smg267
They will 100% work and bolt up. You will need the crossover harness that runs from the passenger seat under the armrest and connects to the driver side to have them function properly. The air pump for the lumbar / side bolsters is located under the passenger seat and will not get power if you do not have this harness. I did this swap about 5 years ago and it pretty damn easy. A nice set of seats is getting harder to find these days. I paid $550 for my set with 10k miles on them.
is the crossover for the driver side power seat or what does it go to? i'm lucky there's a guy in GA that has an F-body junk yard and he has some for cheap that are in pretty good condition .
Old 02-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

The cross over harness is for the side bolsters i believe. I just recently did the swap but didnt have the cross harness. I just swapped the harness from my camaro seat to the T/A seat. If you swap the harness though, you will need to swap the power seat control on the left side for your camaro controls. Thats what I did cause I dont really care about pumping the bolsters up, my seats were worn out cloth so still an upgrade imo. Also a good time to scrub down your carpet with the seats out if it needs it
Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The seats bolt right in. If you don't have the cross over harness you'll have to pin-out the harness to get the seats to work, but you won't have the lumbar inflating. My car had the T/A seats when I got it, but not the harness. I put the harness in and it's all working now. The seats hold me better when I inflate them.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Teching In

paid $250 for mine. not the best condition but not the worst. came with the harness. direct bolt in, however i do love them

Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first post on your forum, I have enjoyed reading though. It is clear you guys really love your T.A.s. Thanks for inviting me into your club. My question has to do with the Lumbar supports. My 98 TA has Lumbar support. The passenger side works. The driver side sounds like it is working but does not. I was thinking there is a pump for both sides but reading your post you say the pump is on the passenger side. Do you have any idea what the problem with my seat could be. Thanks in advance Mike

Quick Reply: trans am seats in a camaro