Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

comfortable..ish racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comfortable..ish racing seats

Hey guys (and the small number of females), working on getting new seats now. Id like to get some that will be decently comfortable, look good, and will strap me in well but yet still be functional. I've looked at a couple custom shops but they're all kinda worrysome to me in that they aren't understanding that I want some badass racing seats and not cadillac style comfort/look. Id really like something different on design too. Red leather/pleather with a firehawk on black stretched over the seat or white leather/pleather with the same..ish design. Post pics/opinions galore though. I wanna see whatever you got in mind .

Thanks

On and I want to replace the back seats with actual functional seats. I'm sick of all the bi****** when someone has to get in the back. I've sat there too and it sucks. Be creative
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump....
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you would be happy with some type of corbeau seats for the front. Great seats that could easily be upholstered to fit your wants. Good prices too and great selection of styles and colors..

Functional back seats??? Don't think these cars were designed to be used for car pooling.. Na, I've never seen anyone do anything with the rear seats other than remove them or just have them re-upholstered.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan to put Corbeau LG1s in my 67. I haven't sat in a lot of racing seats but I always liked the look of the LG1s and when I got a chance to sit in some they were very comfortable. That was in a show room, not a car, so with the giant side bolsters on them, I don't know how easy they'll be to get in and out of once in the car.

Their seats are at a good price point IMO. Not everyone wants $2500 Recaros or Cobras, but they are much better than the cheap ones on Ebay. I'm sure if you call them they can sell you a set not upholstered

Quick Reply: comfortable..ish racing seats