Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hood Fitment Issue *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Fitment Issue *pics*

A buddy of mine asked me if i wanted to buy a hood today and he said the guy is letting it go cheap because it doesn't quite fit correctly. My friend thinks that it could be adjusted to fit better and he doesn't think its the mold. Anyway... these are the shitty pics he sent me, what do you guys think? From the crappy angle, does it look like it could be lowered? For the price it definatly has me thinking. Don't mind the orange vents... that would be the first to go.
Attached Thumbnails Hood Fitment Issue *pics*-hood.jpg   Hood Fitment Issue *pics*-hood1.jpg  
Old 04-18-2004, 02:34 AM
Launching!

did the dude ever think about those rubber hood stops in the engine area? maybe screw those down some? just a thought...
Old 04-18-2004, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the rubber hood stops, and also most hood latch mechanisms can be adjusted down to pull the hood down further. Its worth looking at!
Old 04-18-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Where it bolts to the hinge may not be lined up correctly either... looks like the hood is bowin up in the middle... maybe from the hinge or maybe from the latch not being set right.
Cant just bolt a hood on and go, if you want it to look right. Trial and error....
Old 04-18-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, my RamAir hood fits a lot worse than that. I've got no problems with it except for looks.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

The front can be adjusted with the rubber stops by turning them down or up. Try a 1/4 turn at a time. The rear needs to adjusted by the hood latch which is much tougher. It almost looks like the hood is shimmed up in the rear. How is the fit and finish on the front; does it align with the front bumper cover?
Old 04-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Launching!

I haven't seen the hood yet in person and do so would be a 2 hour drive each way, but for the price it would be worth the drive if it was only an adjustment issue.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Launching!

it just could be that its a shitty hood. i have one to but the insurance paid for it so i could care less. my is raise too, but its cause the insurance company went cheap on me. i had a stock hood on my t/a but now i sport a ram air hood, it looks good but if u get up close u can see the defects. they're small but there........
Old 04-18-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my hood sat a tad higher than the fenders, even after tweaking everything i could. after a six pack and swearing i had a brain fart. i took of the front top fender brackets and slottet the holes in them. i remounted them and slighty pulled the front of them up. worked like a charm. the hood sits even with them perfectly. hope that helps.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Thanks for all the responses guys!

Quick Reply: Hood Fitment Issue *pics*