Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Vent problems....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Vent problems....

There are a few times i put the heat or a/c on to please the girlfriend. So being that here in CT its not quite warm enough to cruise w/ the tops off w/out heat for the lady i put it on for her. All of a sudden i here this rapid ticking noise coming from the vents. I figured either suttin is sticking inside or there is something caught in the fans to make it tick. I guess i have to pull apart to dash to find out? Little annoying things like this **** me off. Anyone have any ideas how to go about doin this? No clue how to take apart the dash. Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same when I first took it out. I cranked the blower and it stopped after that. A whole bunch of junk came out of the vents when I did. There is probably stuck inside the blower. Try turning the blower on full and see if it loosens up first, if not you are gonna have to take it out. Never took one out of these cars so not sure on the exact steps.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChiefBrody
Mine did the same when I first took it out. I cranked the blower and it stopped after that. A whole bunch of junk came out of the vents when I did. There is probably stuck inside the blower. Try turning the blower on full and see if it loosens up first, if not you are gonna have to take it out. Never took one out of these cars so not sure on the exact steps.
Damn, i did that already...the ticking got quieter when i put it up on high but it didnt stop it. Sounds like i'm in for one annoying project huh.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does that too, it seems to come and go. I've taken it to the dealer twice and sure enough it quits right before I take it in... I've never figured it out, so if you're able to get your dash apart I'd love to hear what you find.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spurkey
Mine does that too, it seems to come and go. I've taken it to the dealer twice and sure enough it quits right before I take it in... I've never figured it out, so if you're able to get your dash apart I'd love to hear what you find.
I'm gonna try to keep it on high for a few more days b/c i'm really not looking foward to taking apart the dash but if thats what it comes down to i'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Vent problems....