Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New 19in MRR GT5 Wheels, New LED interior Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 19in MRR GT5 Wheels, New LED interior Lights

So i got my car hooked up today. Put 19x8.5 MRR GT5 wheels on it, with Nitto Motivo 255x35 tires. I want to go staggered but 19's cost so much more, and its my daily driver. I also put floor board White LEDS and swapped out all the other factory interior lights with LED's. It turned out great, i love the way it looks.

My only problem is it sets way to high. I've searched this forum up and down, and cant decide what springs i want to go with. I'm also concerned with lowering springs and shocks it will rub.

I'm getting it tinted tomorrow. I will clean it and take some better pictures.

There's alot of different wheels out there but i dont think any look better than these. I love them. Tint, exhaust and lowering springs and it will look great.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful bird man. Some EMBLEMPRO's Onyx series emblems for the front plate cover would really make it pop. The rear inserts for the PONTIAC letters as well if you don't already have them done. Here is a link to their site and my front plate cover pictured. Top notch product.

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/2040/17180
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

what LEDs do you have in the footwells?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
what LEDs do you have in the footwells?
I put some LED strips in there. I will PM you which ones I used. They worked awesome, and were super easy to splice into the dome light wires on the drivers side kick panel.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great looking car and wheels.

Pm me price ?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 PM

I paid 2145 for everything with tire warrantys. The tires are amazing. Now I just need to make a decision on what lowering kit to use.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dawsonjd
I paid 2145 for everything with tire warrantys. The tires are amazing. Now I just need to make a decision on what lowering kit to use.
Strano's, hands down.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the BMR springs. Stance is perfect. Great spring.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Werd
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Leds? Looks like you installed some flood lights in those foot wells! Lol!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:46 PM

lol yeah they are very bright. Got the windows tinted today, completely changes the car. Finally cleaned it up and got some good pics today! I need to get with the reps and see if i'm going to have a problem with the tires rubbing. I pm BMR but didn't get a response back yet. Still haven't decided.

Last edited by dawsonjd; 02-24-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

BOOOOOOO!!!! I've been eyeing these wheels for months and was hoping when the time came to put money into wheels I'd be the only one with these.

Kudos for having one sick looking bird though. Even though I've been eyeing these for a while now there's always been a couple other wheels that come up that I go back and forth in my head but actually seeing these wheels on a bird seals the deal for me. They look awesome man. I'm jealous.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by dementia
BOOOOOOO!!!! I've been eyeing these wheels for months and was hoping when the time came to put money into wheels I'd be the only one with these.

Kudos for having one sick looking bird though. Even though I've been eyeing these for a while now there's always been a couple other wheels that come up that I go back and forth in my head but actually seeing these wheels on a bird seals the deal for me. They look awesome man. I'm jealous.
I actually had a hard time getting them. MRR wasn't working with the place that installed them very well. They sent the the wrong size one time and didn't ship them another. The tire place tried to get me to change my mind i just couldnt do it, they are way to nice.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

Well the troubles were definitely worth the outcome man. You should keep the pics coming of your ride. I cant get enough of the pics Someday I'd love to see these rims on my ride. Next year I might be to the point of buying rims. Few other mods I want/need to do for this year.

I was going to go with the 9.5in in the back to get the 1in larger lip than the 8.5in you went with but the lips on yours look pretty damn good as is. Kudos again
Old 02-24-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by dementia
Well the troubles were definitely worth the outcome man. You should keep the pics coming of your ride. I cant get enough of the pics Someday I'd love to see these rims on my ride. Next year I might be to the point of buying rims. Few other mods I want/need to do for this year.

I was going to go with the 9.5in in the back to get the 1in larger lip than the 8.5in you went with but the lips on yours look pretty damn good as is. Kudos again
If i could change anything thats what i would have done, i do regret it. You should, they only reason i didnt is cause 19 inch tires are so expensive. This car is my daily driver and most months i drive 800-1200 miles, so i didnt want to lose my ability to rotate the tires. But the 9.5's are bad ***, the offset is awesome.

I'm going to clean up the wiring job i did on the led's by soldering all the connections, so i'll take some more pics incase anyone is wondering where to splice into the wires, on March 1st when this sale starts i'm going to pick up that koni/bmr spring/strut set up. After I get that on, I'm goign to have my wife take some pro pics.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Cant wait to see those. I hear ya on the price of 19in tires. Thats part of why I started swaying from these wheels and was considering other sizes but price considered, the wheels on your car definitely look like they cost more than they did. I hope when I bite the bullet the 9.5's fit and look as well as your 8.5's do.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
When he says BMR, what he really means is the Strano's. Get the real thing, not the copy.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
When he says BMR, what he really means is the Strano's. Get the real thing, not the copy.
I've seen alot of info on both, seems like no one really has anything bad to say about either one of them. You can't beat that kuni/bmr set up for 700. the strano/kuni set up is well over a 1000. If the strano's were cheaper i would go with them.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man you are gonna fall in love all over again when that car is down on the ground where it belongs....holy crap it will change the whole look of it!!

SHould have just gone with 9.5's all around man. It works just fine, did it on my last 2.

Great looking ride bro
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
Man you are gonna fall in love all over again when that car is down on the ground where it belongs....holy crap it will change the whole look of it!!

SHould have just gone with 9.5's all around man. It works just fine, did it on my last 2.

Great looking ride bro
Yeah i should have done more research, i talked with to different companies and they both said 9.5's would rub.

Quick Reply: New 19in MRR GT5 Wheels, New LED interior Lights