Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gloss or flat stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gloss or flat stripes?

I'm going to finally do my Lynx Stripe design on my Black WS.6. Found a product to make cutting it out easier. It's a tape that cut the vinyl when you pull it off so I can lay out my design on the at and just pull away the excess. I'm doing it in red but should I use matte red or gloss? I'm leaning more toward gloss but I'm not sure. Help me out!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you don't know what the Lynx stripe is here is a forza rendition of it.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good man, id say go with a gloss but either way i think ittl be unique and cool
Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

red, i would say gloss. Personally I don't care for red on anything to do with paint color but if your car is black then matte black doesn't really work, and really that's about the ONLY color I consider right for stripes.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
red, i would say gloss. Personally I don't care for red on anything to do with paint color but if your car is black then matte black doesn't really work, and really that's about the ONLY color I consider right for stripes.
You don't like matte black on black cars? I love that look! Black on black would get my first vote.

But sine you're going for red, definitely gloss. Not sure what type of color selection you have, but if you have (or could get) something a shade darker than your typical red, I think that'd be the way to go. Red may be a bit much, on the flashy side of things. But a slightly deeper red (kinda like in the pic you posted) I think would look pretty good.

I'm sure it's gonna be a helluva job trying to use the Knifeless tape stuff with how intricate the design is, so good luck with that!! The pinstripe will be especially hard to get even spacing throughout with everything being done freehand.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
You don't like matte black on black cars? I love that look! Black on black would get my first vote.

But sine you're going for red, definitely gloss. Not sure what type of color selection you have, but if you have (or could get) something a shade darker than your typical red, I think that'd be the way to go. Red may be a bit much, on the flashy side of things. But a slightly deeper red (kinda like in the pic you posted) I think would look pretty good.

I'm sure it's gonna be a helluva job trying to use the Knifeless tape stuff with how intricate the design is, so good luck with that!! The pinstripe will be especially hard to get even spacing throughout with everything being done freehand.
no, I don't like black on black. for black cars I think you should go with more of a medium (leaning toward the dark side) grey or silver, not a matte black.

+1 to a deeper "darker" red if you go red something like this red http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/...n/photostream/ from Crimson_birds flickr.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea the red I was looking at was called blood red so it'll be a darker one. I've also found some charcoal metallic to so now I'm torn on what in want to get. I just think the red gives it a meaner look. On the flat black I would do it but to put in all that work for a stripe I would want it to be able to be noticed. I love flat black stripes but I just want the work to be noticed.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

what are you planning for the wheels? keeping them as is, or going black? if you're leaving them as is, you should definitely do something in the silver/grey family... or black lol. Dont think the red will flow as well with the current wheel color, that'd look better with some black or black/polished lip wheels

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
no, I don't like black on black

lol

Quick Reply: Gloss or flat stripes?