Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

no HAVC and cluster light

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default no HAVC and cluster light

so i did the led conversion on my car.everything went smooth and worked perfect till i decided to install led strip in the floor well..after installing them my HAVC,and cluster lights stop working..i tapped them into the mirror/map wires..they work perfect.but after i installed them the HAVC AND CLUSTER light went out.also tail lights went out replaced the fuse on those they're working.i checked all the fuses the DIMMER(5a) fuse was blow replaced tried again and saw smoke from the dimmer switch.replace those 3 times already.it did the same thing 3 times.blew a fuse and burned up the dimmer switch.i checked all my wire for short or loose wire,couldn't find anything wrong.somebody please help me out.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may consider rewiring to another source. i feel like those LED's need a higher amp load. you need to consider a higher amp fuse as a start. if that doesnt work youll need to rewire to a better source. If it was my call i would run from the fuse box. there is accessory, ignition, and battery sources. I ran a wire for my gauges from the ignition. those are a 15amp source, id run a 14g wire and T-tap a lead for your LED's.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought abt tht but i wanted them to turn on with the dome/map/mirror lights.thts why i tapped them into the map/mirror light
anyones else?

Quick Reply: no HAVC and cluster light