Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Best wax?

Old 04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best wax?

Alright, so my car is black...i live by a farm...which makes keeping it clean a nightmare ... so yesterday, i go out, wash the car, wax it...15min later, COVERED in pollen ... try to wipe it off, it smears and looks like crap...today i do it again...so...what is the BEST wax i can get that will allow me to use a microfiber rag and simply dust the car off so it looks good without having to do the washing non sense everyday ...

I am to the point now i dont care if it cost $5.00 a gallon or $500.00 a gallon ...

Guess i could always paint my car yellow and fix the problem all together
Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should never just wipe pollen off...wax or not, wiping it with a rag is going to cause scratching. I say invest in a cover.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Default Best Wax

I know all the hard core detail guys will jump on me for this.....however,

All of my cars (and truck) are black. I've been through your experience since 1991 living in ATL. I finally have had great luck with Megs Tech II AND Turtle Wax Black Detailer and now Black Wax.

I'm sure there is a catch, but the cars have never looked better, small scratches/swirls seem filled in and they look like they are "wet" !!!

For the time expended vs results, I'm a happy guy...even my detail buddy couldn't believe how well the products worked.

What is it everyone says? Just my .02 cents...

Good Luck
Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's because that's what the black box does it fills scratches and swirls and does not completely remove them it will be fine for a while but the scratches will return every time.

as for the pollen like I said before it should never just they wiped off no wax will keep it from scratching when you just wipe it off with a micro fiber towels
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Try rinsing the car down after waxing, helps discharge any static build up caused by waxing, which will attract pollin
Old 04-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Teching In

As for waxes, these are my favorite

http://www.chemicalguys.com/WAC_302_..._p/wac_302.htm

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical..._p/wac_300.htm
Old 04-26-2013, 06:00 PM

Default insulator wax

insulator wax it is amazing i sell it at napa but its the best out there
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zaino Polish wax and zaino fusion pc that is the best stuff
Old 04-27-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I use Collinite 845 insulator wax myself
Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Pollen is nasty ****. Attempting to wipe it off is basically like dragging sand paper across your paint. Here's pic of what it looks like under a microscope.

I would suggest using BlackFire Wet Diamond sealant and let is sit on the car as long as you can, up to 24 hours.

It is super slick and lasts longer than most nuba' based waxes, up to six months according to the manufacturer.

With pollen its best to either blow the car off with compressed air or use the hose to spray it off. IMO its better to leave it on there till you can wash it off correctly rather than trying to wipe it off.

Most people aren't as **** or OCD about this stuff as I am though.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Furious1
You should never just wipe pollen off...wax or not, wiping it with a rag is going to cause scratching. I say invest in a cover.
Using a cover will cause it's own problems. You have the cover rubbing against the paint. If the car isn't 100% clean the results will be even worse when the cover is grinding dirt, or pollen in this case into the paint.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

i've always found a nice strong wax job and a california duster do well. It might possibly hurt the paint a bit but then again my paint is 15 years old and isn't perfect.... as long as it shines and looks good from 5 feet away im okay with that until i get a nice paint job on it
Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

It is never a wise idea to dry wipe your paint.

If you don't want to do a full wash, at least hit the pollen with detail spray or waterless wash for a lubricant. A lot of the quality products on the market for detail spray and waterless wash have some form of emulsifying polymers that encapsulate dirt.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

OP - I would personally suggest either a durable paint sealant such as Blackfire Wet Diamond (As Jason mentioned above) or Menzerna Powerlock. Both will offer 4-6 months of protection easily. The best solution for you though in my opinion would be a "permanent" paint coating such as Cquartz, Opti Coat, or EXO. All three of these products form a bond to your clear coat and offer a protective layer of coating that protects your clear for up to two years. Only problem with this method would potentially be that you'd want to have the paint compounded and polished before you apply a coating to it - However, these steps should really be done prior to applying ANY of the products above I have mentioned. Chances are, you already have thousands of paint imperfections that you haven't noticed or have noticed and not corrected. You'll need to decided how deep you want to go into this...

Either way you go, you'll need to be extremely careful in removing pollen - As Jason mentioned, pollen is extremely difficult to remove.

Last edited by Rare96LT1Formula; 04-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96z28_lt1
i've always found a nice strong wax job and a california duster do well.
That works for me.

I also use Rejex, a polymer product. It's not as shiny as a true wax, but it protects better.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get a leaf blower to remove the pollen.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It may be temporary! We just went through our southeast TX "Pollen Snow" season. Literally go to bed one night and wake up next morning and cars are covered in it, even my T/A that sits in a garage. The pollen dumping season doesn't last long, a few weeks. At worst of it, have waxed my '08 Black Mustang GT and 5 mins later is coated with pollen. Took my car to a car show on Saturday and wasn't even dirty after sitting in a garage for a week, and this is Southeast TX!

On the black car, I use Mother's paste wax, the spray wax just shows too much residue and rubbing artifacts.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Keep whiping that pollen into the clear coat and the paint is going to look like this soon (probably already does):

Check out this detail thread just below yours:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...mw-m5-e39.html

Properly wash it off, or damage the paint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best wax?