Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Worn spot in leather?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Worn spot in leather?

I have Katzkin seats in my Formula and they have no cracks or tears, looks like new except for a spot that looks as if it is worn out (kinda hard to explain).

If I clean the seat and not treat with conditioner, the spot is almost not visible once dry. When I condition the seat, the area looks as good as the rest of the seat but eventually that spot fades back to looking like untreated leather (while the rest of the seat looks as if it was just conditioned). Tried several different conditioners with the same result (Meguiars, Surf City, Tanner's, etc).

So what should I do to fix this problem before it gets worse? Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I don't have any personal experience with this but have read about it on Autopia.org

I would suggest looking around over there. A quick search should yield some good results.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I don't have any personal experience with this but have read about it on Autopia.org

I would suggest looking around over there. A quick search should yield some good results.
Thanks! I tried looking on there and found a few threads of re-dying leather with new color (my color is still there, I think maybe it is just the top clear layer that is worn).

Although I do not see color on my rag when I treat or clean that area. Texture does look more worn in that area than the rest of the seat. Not cracked, and not worn all the way through either.

Already tried contacting Katzkin to purchase a new piece (middle section of seat), but they only sell as a whole kit.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess you can just use the seat until it worns out. Thats unless you want to buy the whole seat afterall.

Quick Reply: Worn spot in leather?