Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

dash pad

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash pad

my 2002 WS-6 has a badly cracked dash pad. after looking on ebay I noticed that you could buy a replacement dash pad cover that'll fit over your existing cracked dash pad. has anyone used this with good results or is it better to replace the original dash pad? i'm worried about fittment, and appearence. will I be able to tell the difference? any comments or pics would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

try doing a search, I know this has been covered several times.

most common, people use plastic epoxy to piece the stock one back together then cover it with vinyl to match the interior.
Other people epoxy the stock one back together then use body filler to smooth it and spray it with texture and paint to match the interior.
then there are the small few that buy the covers and glue them over the stock one.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

My dash pad broke in half 3 years ago. I was considering the pad you're describing but decided to instead wrap it in alcantera. I ordered a square yard for about $100 and took it to a professional upholstery shop and they were able to able to repair the plastic and flawlessly wrap my dash pad. It's looked amazing all this time with no peeling or bubbles and best of all, that damn glare in the windshield from having a plastic dash pad is gone!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

I think 6LE sells a replacement that won't crack in heat or cold for $180?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdsoYo
My dash pad broke in half 3 years ago. I was considering the pad you're describing but decided to instead wrap it in alcantera. I ordered a square yard for about $100 and took it to a professional upholstery shop and they were able to able to repair the plastic and flawlessly wrap my dash pad. It's looked amazing all this time with no peeling or bubbles and best of all, that damn glare in the windshield from having a plastic dash pad is gone!

How much did the upholstery shop charge you?

I have a few pics from a member on here who sent me pics of his 6le dash pad, Im considering on buying one in a few weeks.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

If I remember correctly, it was about $200. So about $300 total. Far, far cheaper than a new stock dash pad and worlds better in quality as far as looks and having reflections in my windshield gone.

Here's what my dash looks like. I tried to chose a color that most closely matched the granite interior, preferring it to be slightly lighter rather than darker if I had to choose.

Quick Reply: dash pad