Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

96 Trans Am interior vs 97 Trans Am interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Trans Am interior vs 97 Trans Am interior

I know the center console is different and the gauge cluster is too. But are there any other differences? I've read somewhere that the dashes are different but I can't figure it out. Even putting my 96 next to my friends 97 I can't tell.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Look at the contour of the dash by the defroster vent. The contour where the upper dash pad meets the main dash is different. And the defroster vent shape is different. The e-brake handles are slightly different. Lastly the 96's used a darker graphite grey and the 97 switched to the lighter dark grey(medium dark pewter) , even on the neutral interior the dash and any other dark grey plastic went to the new lighter dark grey. On the HVAC controls, the white indicator lines on the ***** were backlit , the 96's did not light up. I think that rounds out the obscure little differences.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

97's have led display odometer vs older style turning over
Old 05-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Look at the contour of the dash by the defroster vent. The contour where the upper dash pad meets the main dash is different. And the defroster vent shape is different. The e-brake handles are slightly different. Lastly the 96's used a darker graphite grey and the 97 switched to the lighter dark grey(medium dark pewter) , even on the neutral interior the dash and any other dark grey plastic went to the new lighter dark grey. On the HVAC controls, the white indicator lines on the ***** were backlit , the 96's did not light up. I think that rounds out the obscure little differences.
I never would of thought the used a lighter color. I've heard of people putting in the 97 cluster gauge. Will it fit the 96 dash without changing everything else.
Also how noticable is the color difference? I've been wanting to put 97 console in my car.
I've heard of people putting entire 97 interior in there cars. Is that what I would have to do?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
97's have led display odometer vs older style turning over
I want the digital odometer so bad

Quick Reply: 96 Trans Am interior vs 97 Trans Am interior