Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

need help whats bestmaterial to make a switch panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help whats bestmaterial to make a switch panel

I really like the ash tray switch panel from emblem pros but I believe I can make one on my own maybe not as great but save some money.

So my question is what kinda material are they using to make the panel is it neoprene plastic and where can I get it from.

or what else can I use, I was gonna use sheet metal but don't like the sharp edges or shave equipment to make it right
Old 06-20-2013, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Local hardware store, or craft store, maybe lowes, thin sheet of plexiglass, u can paint the bottom side, and the top side looks nice and shiny and paint is underneath so wont scratch. Drill holes before painting tho. Emblem pros are great mine is nice, but it was 45 bucks. Cud make the plexi one for 10 probly.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Launching!

^^ x2. Good idea! I used plexiglass to make a filler panel for my cousin`s `02 Tahoe. He replaced the factory radio with an aftermarket HU and we took out the remote cd player. Just cut out a nice panel and i actually used Elmer`s ProBond to glue it to the back side of the opening. I drilled a hole in the panel for a switch for his airhorns and took his Chevy bow tie key chain and i cut the loop of of it and epoxied it to the filler panel also. Plexiglass is your best bet. Easy to work with and when you paint the back side, it turns out really nice.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Great advice guys thanks

Quick Reply: need help whats bestmaterial to make a switch panel